PDA

View Full Version : Unable to login to BIS account on either Blackberry or laptop - Help!

jamesjackjohn
03-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I've spent a good hour searching forums for mention of this problem but haven't come across a solution yet so I've had to post.

Having performed a hard reset of my Blackberry 8820 I needed to add my gmail account back on to my BB. Unfortunately with the upgrade to BIS (allowing automatic login) that doesn't seem as simple as it once was.

I now need to create a BIS account with Orange. I first tried to do that on my laptop. After entering my IMEI and PIN the site told me I was unable to access the site using a HTML browser and that I should use my Blackberry to create the account. That's what I tried next. Unfortunately the same message came up on the handheld.

How can I create a BIS account when I can't seem to get past this problem? Grateful for any help.

Thanks,

JJJ

Sith_Apprentice
03-28-2008, 08:08 PM
are you using the browser to log in or are you using the email setup wizard/device setup wizard. if you use the email/device setup wizard then it should auto log you in. this shouldnt matter if you have performed a hard reset or not.

jamesjackjohn
03-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the swift reply. I have used both the browser and the email / device setup wizard. Both hit the same problem. Any ideas?

Sith_Apprentice
03-28-2008, 08:16 PM
so did you ever create an account before? you can also call your provider and have them reset your BIS account

jamesjackjohn
03-28-2008, 08:21 PM
This is going to sound a little lame. I can't remember. It was about 6 months ago that I added the gmail account so Im not sure whether I did create an account. I think it may be a case of calling my provider to reset the account but then what if I didnt have one in the first place?

Sith_Apprentice
03-28-2008, 08:22 PM
if you didnt have one the device would let you log in. if you did create an account select existing user when asked to log in, not new user

option94
03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
If you set up your gmail account that means you did create an account. You cant not have an account setup and get your email to the blackberry.

jamesjackjohn
03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
The option for existing user asks for a login name and password. two things i definitely dont have. thoughts?

Sith_Apprentice
03-28-2008, 08:41 PM
if it asks for it you set it up at some point and/or logged in online. i would call the provider

option94
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (At&t curve)

The provider has to selete the account so you'll have to setup your email accounts again. try and remember your password this time. Lol.

ezrunner
03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (blackberry 950)

You can retrieve the password by selecting password and entering your PIN it will send password right to device!
Or call service provider and have them reset acct

Sith_Apprentice
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
yes, but a PW doesnt help you without a Username lol

ezrunner
03-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (blackberry 950)

Password may jog memory as to login

It has worked for me

jamesjackjohn
03-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Talked with my provider. they just needed to revalidate my account and resend me my service books. All fixed. thanks for your help.

greggebhardt
03-29-2008, 06:59 AM
That password keeper funtion works wonders for jkeeping track of this information for the future!