PDA

View Full Version : SMS & cal. appts automatically deleted!

shrienki
03-29-2008, 12:39 AM
This happened last week when I noticed all my calendar appointments from a few weeks (can't recall exactly, 2-3?) were deleted. I did not set it to delete, I have the setting to keep forever.

So, last night I restored it and this morning I noticed my phone logs and SMS txts were being deleted. I SAW the phone logs delete 1 by 1 very fast for some reason. I checked the settings, and they're all set to stay forever. Not disappear after a few days.

Is there something I'm overlooking? I've had the phone for quite some time and this is quite strange... I haven't done anything new with it than my basic usage and such.

John Clark
03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Please look in Options >Status and post the exact number next to "file free."

shrienki
03-30-2008, 02:25 AM
That would be ~21 mb or 21740984 bytes.

There's an auto cleaning feature to keep a set amount of memory?

shrienki
03-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Ahh.. I guess I know where the search button is but not the right words to search.

So I'm attempting to edit the .alx files but I can't even find the Shared folder. I've been using the DM for quite some time...
My version is 4.2.1.103 for TM USA, but I see a 4.2.1.107 for the 8100 and 4.2.1.74 for the 8800. Before I go about updating my software, which exactly is the latest version for my phone? Would I follow the procedures instructed by JC to get that Shared folder to show up?

Apologize for any redundancy. I understand how it is as I come from other forums where I'm more familiar w/ the subjects. :(