PDA

View Full Version : My card doesn't work in my 8820

TeritaM
03-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I thought it was just the one picture, but its the card. When I go to open the media files there is no option for the chip. When I plug it up to my machine it doesn't do that media enable prompt with the password.

Did I burn my chip out from switching phones so often? Any help is as always, greatly appreciated.

JSanders
03-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

Is it inserted correctly? Does it need formatting in the new BlackBerry (it shouldn't, mine have)? Do you have Mass Storage enabled at Options > Media Card, you should see the card there.
Remeber also, yopu won't see the files on the Media Card while it is plugged in on USB when Mass Storage is enabled.

teg94
03-30-2008, 06:46 AM
That's odd, I moved my 1gb chip from my curve to my 8820 without any issues (once I figured out I had to slide the chip into the metal bracket and not force the metal bracket down over the chip)

One thing I did notice is on the instruction foldout that t-mo sends with the phone it shows you to put the sim card in backwards, once I looked closer at the phone itself I figured that one out...

TeritaM
03-30-2008, 09:21 AM
ok I feel way dumb lol.
the mass storage was off.
I can change my avatar now.