PDA

View Full Version : Access to Calendar while on a phone call?

drstefano
03-31-2008, 01:25 PM
I did a couple of searches, checked the user manual, and couldn't find any information about this. So, is this something that I can't do?

I'd like to be able to open my Calendar while I'm on a phone call. Often, I get a call from somebod who wants to make an appointment and I'd like to open the Calendar without having to hang up and call back.

Is this something that I can do?

Thatzmister2u
03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
I did a couple of searches, checked the user manual, and couldn't find any information about this. So, is this something that I can't do?

I'd like to be able to open my Calendar while I'm on a phone call. Often, I get a call from somebod who wants to make an appointment and I'd like to open the Calendar without having to hang up and call back.

Is this something that I can do?

Just hit Menu>View Calendar (While you are on the call)

E-

JSanders
03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
While on the call, press the 'escape' key, right of the trackball, and you should be prompted "Continue call and exit to homescreen", press OK. Then look at your calendar and continue on the call simultaneously.

Good luck.

akosnitzky
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you for teaching me something.

Thatzmister2u
03-31-2008, 01:30 PM
While on the call, press the 'escape' key, right of the trackball, and you should be prompted "Continue call and exit to homescreen", press OK. Then look at your calendar and continue on the call simultaneously.

Good luck.

Hey JS!

Is this a device limitation? I can just hit Menu>View Calendar on the 8100....

E-

JSanders
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Is this a device limitation? I can just hit Menu>View Calendar on the 8100....

Nope, just my bASSackwards way of doing the same thing. Now, you have taught me a new way. Thanks! (y)

Thatzmister2u
03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Nope, just my bASSackwards way of doing the same thing. Now, you have taught me a new way. Thanks! (y)

Yeah, but you ALWAY get the job done one way or another! Most dependable problem solver I have seen!

drstefano
03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks, guys. It worked great!
Before I got the BB I had to say "I don't have my calendar with me. Call back and leave me an email message to call you when I get to the office." Not very professional, but I think that everybody was used to that with me.

This is MUCH better. Thanks.