PDA

View Full Version : SureType is gone

jubrand
07-21-2005, 08:31 AM
SureType has completely disappeared on my wife's BB 7100t. I've tried holding down * in a text field, but it just stays on multitap with the ABC in the corner. In the menus, where it usually says "enable multitap" or "enable suretype", neither option is there. I've tried pulling the battery with no luck. Any ideas?

Free tip: Don't let a 3 and a 1/2 year old near your BB, cause he somehow caused this problem.

camerch
07-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Been looking at RIM Technical Knowledge Center and I cannot find any information on enabling or disabling this feature on the device, the only suggestion that I could offer to this is to backup your handheld and reload the software.

jubrand
03-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Ugh! It happened again! I have no idea how I fixed it before. I think I reloaded the software. Anyone else ever had this happen? And yes, now he's 4, and he did it again.

red04gt
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
I asked this question yesterday and Fireproof gave me this answer (thanks again) that did the trick for me:

Go into an email message (reply to one, or compose a new one).

Now hold the * button down for a second or two to toggle between those settings.

cada0310
04-03-2006, 09:37 AM
This just happened to me as well - holding down the * key in the email fixes it, as described. You can tell it works when the "ABC" icon in the upper right goes away - I think that's an indication that you're not using SureType.

lilli_
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Try going to Settings>options >language > Input method
Check it is set to "english" not "English Multitap"
English Mutlitap changes it to single letters and not predictive text mode

LLBLACKBRERRYLL
04-08-2006, 06:32 PM
jus take ur battery out worked for me

LLBLACKBRERRYLL
04-08-2006, 06:33 PM
or send it to rim

asianmaze
04-09-2006, 11:06 AM
... and select either 'multitap' or 'suretype' to toggle between text entry mode.

jubrand
04-14-2006, 09:46 AM
... and select either 'multitap' or 'suretype' to toggle between text entry mode.

If you look in the original post, you'll see that those options have disappeared. Anyway, T-mobile had her fix it by holding down the * key this time. That didn't work in the past, so who knows why it worked now.

asianmaze
04-16-2006, 11:48 AM
If you look in the original post, you'll see that those options have disappeared. Anyway, T-mobile had her fix it by holding down the * key this time. That didn't work in the past, so who knows why it worked now.

Apologies - I hadn't copped on to that in your original post. Still pretty much a newbie here...

darcone
06-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I had this issue with a 7100i and none of the above was working. What I had to do was set the Input method to English, Multitap (it wasn't there before), save it, then change it back and save it again. It now works.

BTW, is it just me or do these 7100's seem kinda buggy?

Darcone

thriller
06-15-2006, 09:14 AM
The battery solution is a good one, 1) it does a cold reboot and 2) it brings back the suretype