PDA

View Full Version : Mic volume on bluetooth headset

ekummel
07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
OK, so I got the IOGear bluetooth headset (really nice, btw... half an ounce and 100 hours of standby...) but whenI use it on my 7520 (I haven't used it on my laptop yet) the person on the other end says that they can't hear me.
Is there a way to increase the mic sensitivity? Is this some setting on the Blackberry or is there something I can do on the bluetooth headset?
Thanks.
Ed
web/gadget guru

Moonshadow
07-21-2005, 11:38 AM
I have a 7520 and have tried 2 BT headsets. The Motorola HS850 and the Jabra BT250.

With the Motorola set, people also complain they can't hear me well. The "mike" boom is very short and there is no noise cancelling in the mike. The Jabra BT250 is a different story. It's mike boom is a little longer and it does have noise canncellation. People can hear me very well. In either case, there is no way I am aware of to increase to mike sensitivity. It seems to be a function of the of the manufacturer

maverickvergara
07-21-2005, 03:04 PM
I have tried the bt250v, scala 500, and the plantronics 510. Mic wise, they all sound pretty much the same from the tests I have done. the jabra and plantronics seemed a little clearer, but not by much.

ekummel
08-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Here is what I discovered. The Mic boom is so short that it rests against my jaw (cheek) and my cheek blocks the opening for the mic. If I point the boom down along my jaw line, the hole for the mic is no longer blocked and people can hear me with no problem.
I highly recommend this BT headset. It works on my laptop as well. A recent broken hand and the discovery of Microsoft's voice recognition software made this bluetooth headset a welcome relief!
Ed
web/gadget guru