PDA

View Full Version : To buy 8800...

matej isak
04-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi guys!

I'm new and willing to jump on the BB wagon. I had 8800 for few days to try out and i was enjoying it very much. One can really tell that bb platform is optimized and stable.

But i see that 8300 has more options and camera. Is there any quality difference between 8300 series and 8800.

I still feel that 8800 have more elegant look with it's glossy black and chrome. What do you think?

I did also play with iphone. Well it's nice machine and I'm mac head for years, but i feel that for example 8800 is more business oriented machine and it get job done quickly. Also typing on the iphone is tedious. At least for me. To many typos. In few days i had 8800 i quickly adapted. I almost typed as fast as i do blindly on my macbook pro.

Well i don't know how is typing on 8300 series. It seems that there is more space between letters. Any way. I found that 8800 keyboard is doing well for me.

I think that is great, that you can get practically any part for example 8800. From keyboard, trackball enclosure. I use my phones as working tool and while operating daily it fly from my hands many times. So replacement is easy and user can do it. On iphone for example you cannot even change the battery yourself.

What i want to know. Do you think 8800 is already outdated. In my country it's hard to get 8820 and 8830. I don't think that wifi is a must for me. Mainly i needed as a mail machine, to check rss feeds and to jump on some sites. It would be nice to have sound recorder but as i know 4.5 OS will include this.

Please kindly advise...

Dinan3
04-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new BlackBerry!! Welcome to the forums.

I am a user of Apple products myself, I love my macbook pro. However, the iphone is not fit for me as I need more of a communication tool rather than a multimedia device. BlackBerry does a perfect job of what I need accomplished.

As far as BlackBerry models go, it is really what you like for yourself. I've owned about 6 other blackberry devices and now I have an 8820 and am enjoying it very much. There is really not much internal differences between the 83xx series and the 88xx series. All you have to do to decide is pick the features that you want then pick the BlackBerry that has those features, a BlackBerry will always be a BlackBerry (operation wise). As of right now, you are only able to pick 2 out of 3 major features as there isn't a BlackBerry out that has all three camera, wifi, and gps features.

8800 is not an outdated device in any way, shape, or form.

GOOD LUCK...

matej isak
04-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi Dinan,

thanx for your reply. I just had 8800 for test few days and I'm deciding which one to buy.

Why did you sold your 8310? Do you like 8800 better? How does those two compare!

Thanks!

Dinan3
04-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I like my 8820 because i use gps and wifi.

my 8310 only had gps

i have no need for a camera so it was a quick decision for me since the wifi will be good go have in my home as i do not get good reception inside. my service provider has a feature that allows me to make calls over a wifi network. that is why i chose the 8820.

i've had an 8800 before, so going back to it was not a problem. i do not like one or the other better, they're equally the same to me except that i find the 83xx series a little more attractive looking. that's it.

akosnitzky
04-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I am on a handheld and if you mentioned it, I missed it.
The VZW 8300 will have improvements that the existing curves, except for Sprint don't have. In the end, I agree they are both good models. You can't go wrong with either.