PDA

View Full Version : Delete personal email from coming to BlackBerry

Nerfman
04-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I work at a company with a BES server and we have a BlackBerry that was given to another person in the company and the first person's personal email is still showing up on the device after it's been wiped.

How do I prevent this from happening?

The personal email is going to both the old and new BlackBerry's for this user, which doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks,

Nerfman

akosnitzky
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

The person has no access to BIS setingsn where they could poll the mail to the BES Server?

Nerfman
04-04-2008, 12:06 PM
akosnitzky,

Thanks and I'm not sure what you mean. The BES account has changed to a different user and the BIS account is coming in to both that device and the original user's new device. So the email is showing up on both instead of just the new device.

Is there a way to master wipe the device that will delete everthing?

Thanks,

jsconyers
04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
As far as I know BIS accounts can on go to one device. Most likely the users new device is not getting the personal email if the old one is. The previous use would need to go into their BIS account and update the device to their new one.

Nerfman
04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
jsconyers:

Thanks so, forgive me, but where do I go into the BIS account to update or change it on the old BB?

I know for mine I have my gmail account going to my device and I've swapped mine out three times in the past four months and have never had a problem. That's why this is puzzling.

Thanks!

jsconyers
04-04-2008, 12:22 PM
When you swap your devices, do you go into your BIS account and change the device?

Nerfman
04-04-2008, 12:23 PM
No I don't, it just works. I assume the wipe takes care of it.

kurichan
04-04-2008, 12:30 PM
The PIN on the device that was given to a new person is the same so this is only natural.

The old user needs to go into BIS and erase all his/her mail settings for the account with the PIN of the device that's been handed down.

kurichan
04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
No I don't, it just works. I assume the wipe takes care of it.Wiping your Blackberry doesn't change the PIN or the BIS information. The BIS information which controls "personal" e-mail is saved on the BIS website and needs to be changed there.

greggebhardt
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
As far as I know BIS accounts can on go to one device. Most likely the users new device is not getting the personal email if the old one is. The previous use would need to go into their BIS account and update the device to their new one.

You can have two devices polling the same email account and both be getting the same email vis BIS.

Nerfman
04-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Okay, so we're on AT&T and he needs to go into that account and change the BIS settings there, correct?

Thanks!

Dubdub
04-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Sounds to me like you need to log into the BIS account for the BB using the user name and password for that BB you have and delete the email accounts associated with it.

Sounds like the user set up a new BIS account and then set up his/her email on the new BB without canceling the old account. That is the only way I can see that email is going both places.

jsconyers
04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the user set up a new BIS account and then set up his/her email on the new BB without canceling the old account. That is the only way I can see that email is going both places.

This is exactly what I was about to say.