PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lookup feature

jay4
04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Hello, gentle reader.

I am a recent convert from my trusty old Palm TX. I enjoy my new BB 7100i, but I'm missing a feature that I found very useful on my Palm.

When I wanted to add an appointment with one of my clients, on my Palm I would go to the appointment date, do a 'Lookup' command and find the client. Instantly Name and Phone number would be entered into the calendar for that date. There seems to be nothing like it on my BB.

It doesn't seem that hard to add a "Find Contact" to the calendar menu, nor a "Make Appointment" to the Address Book menu. I can't find any reference to any such feature though.

I'm hoping that there is such a thing and that you can help me find it.

akosnitzky
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

When you create the appointment
Click menu bar and you have the option to "invite attendee" which you can choose from your contacts.

jay4
04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Thank you for your prompt response.

When I use the "Invite Attendees" function of my BB, the subject line remains blank and my clients receive an email requesting an appointment. The email is unnecessary & I would prefer to have the client name as the subject of the appointment.

I have found a thread regarding WebIS's PocketInformant porting to BB. That would be a solution for me, if it happens. I was hoping that something else is available.

A feature like this would truly make be an addict!

FF2
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I asked the same question the other day - I had an hp200 palmtop and while looking at my doc's phone number, add it to my calendar.

PocketDay seems to add that function and probably a bunch of functions I really don't want. 30 day trial - free

jay4
04-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I've found a workaround. Annoying, but it demonstrates the function I want to see:

1) Go to Address Book, find the client you want to make an appointment with.
2) Click Trackwheel, choose View
3) Scroll to Company Name Field, click trackwheel, choose Select
4) Scroll Trackwheel to highlight name, click Trackwheel, choose Copy
5) Go to Calendar, create new Appointment
6) Click Trackwheel in Subject field, choose Paste.

6 easy steps! It doesn't work that well with First Name/Last Name Fields (have to copy each one separately).
Sheesh.

FF2
04-04-2008, 11:49 PM
I knew about copy/paste but tedious and I generally have no entry for company so, yup, first/last copy!!!!

Stoo06
05-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I just discovered this "non-feature" as well... the copy/paste thing is really limiting while driving as well! (n)