PDA

View Full Version : Website funtions

ftgjr
04-05-2008, 05:45 AM
I just signed up for the $30 a month data plan for my sprint 8130. I noticed that some websites won't let you access certain parts. I tried clicking on buttons to view other message boards and videos but couldn't like I can on my PC. Are there certain setting that I have to change in order to have more functionability?

NickfromIL
04-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Try downloading Opera Mini web browser. www.operamini.com

ftgjr
04-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanks, I'll try that out.

FF2
04-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Try downloading Opera Mini web browser. www.operamini.com

I hope this is not hijacking....

I just installed the newest Opera Mini beta since so many folks like it. I went to a site and still wound up with the wap version. I put in the same link I use on my desktop computer - the "entire" site link but on the BB, under Opera, I still got the scaled-down data.

So following up on the original post - are there some sites that still make their own determination on what to deliver to the BB? Or might there be some cache to clear out or .....??

Thanks.

wabbit
04-05-2008, 10:12 AM
some sites auto detect that is a berry, you can try browser / options / browser configuration then scroll down to emulation mode and set it to ms ie, etc, it still wont format it like on a pc but it should load diffrently. but you have to menu / close the bb browser and restart it.

hope this helps

akosnitzky
04-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Some sites also will only run on IE or have java plugins that are too advanced for the handhelds to handle.