PDA

View Full Version : Backlight on when ringing?

VHT
04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, I searched for it. But maybe my search fu isn't so great...

Trying to find out how to get the backlight or screen to illuminate when the phone rings or gets a text.

A Verizon friend said his automatically did that, but I can't seem to find it on my Alltel unit. Mine stays dark till I hit the trackball.

Thanks so much for any input. :)

wabbit
04-05-2008, 09:48 PM
if it rings and its not in a sleep holdster the screen lights up, if it gets a sms/mail/etc only an alert if you set them will be heard and the indicator flashes red, maybe their is an app like bblight that does this but i'm not sure

ma077146
04-05-2008, 09:58 PM
You can also do a search for an app called BB Light. It's free, and you can set it so that the backlight comes on with any type of activity. It gives you much more control over the backlight than that which RIM gives.

VHT
04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Thank you for the replies :)

I'm searching it out. Getting blank pages on the links to the download, but they are from 2005 tho... I'll find it tho.

Sounds like the ticket. Thanks!

greggebhardt
04-06-2008, 06:43 AM
BBLight is very versitile! It is an old program of which many of the old timers, including me know well. It worked very well on my 7520, still one of the best devices made as far as durability!