PDA

View Full Version : porting tmobile # to my blackberry: att&t acting weird LOL

danli2093
04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I just talked to two different people at AT&T online support, who my blackberry service is with, to find out if I can port my t-mobile number over to AT&T. They immediately cut me off and said they could not help me with that. Is there some kind of legal thing here I'm missing?

Of course I know if I call instead of using the online support they would probably not be so rude. But have any of you experienced anything like this?

My tmobile contract is expiring and I really want to port it over to my blackberry because I've had it so long. Shouldn't I be able to do this?

Thanks!!!

Sith_Apprentice
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
just call standard customer care. 611 from your device will get you there. Ask to speak to the porting department and you should not have any problems.

ezrunner
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (my heart is saddened)

18888987685. Port department directly

Press 0 to get to person

takeshi
04-08-2008, 11:29 AM
But have any of you experienced anything like this?

You mean poor customer service with at&t? All the time...

I concur that it's best to call and ask for the porting department. You're wasting your time by talking to or chatting with anyone else.

JSanders
04-08-2008, 11:30 AM
eh, AT&T loses one to TMo for the OP, and TMo is losing two from me this week, to AT&T.

It all evens out in the wash, right?

Sith_Apprentice
04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
well AT&T is gaining 3 total JS. OP is porting a Tmobile number to AT&T from what i read. to the OP. you *might* run into issues if you are porting your voice over to the BB device that has data now (and of course has a phone number that you may or may not use). Some people think this port cannot be done, but in fact it can. It would basically end up canceling that existing number, porting your Tmo number over to that device (that has no number attached now) and then reactivation BB service on the device. The entire process should take between 30 minutes to 4 hours. (sometimes it is near instant). Follow the number that EZ gave you up there and you wont have any issues.

JSanders
04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I promise I won't run with knives today.

I read that completely backward.

Sith_Apprentice
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I promise I won't run with knives today.

I read that completely backward.

but what about scissors?