PDA

View Full Version : Five Helpful BlackBerry Keyboard Tricks

AZA43
04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I consider myself an experienced BlackBerry user, and I like to think I know all the basic keyboard shortcuts or tricks, but this article contains a few I didn't know about (http://www.cio.com/article/330014), including a way to reboot your device without removing the battery. For me, that's very helpful because I'm constantly rebooting my BlackBerry.

And there's a way to change your wireless signal indicator from bars to dBm measured in numbers. I'm not really sure of the value of this last trick, but it's kind of cool.

Any of you know any more "advanced" shortcuts?? I'm not talking about searching a list of messages or accessing your mail inbox or outbox with one click. I'm looking for shortcuts that require a combination of a few key clicks.

AZA

akosnitzky
04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I couldn't identify article from my bb.

kjjb0204
04-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Very cool. Especially like the reboot without battery removal. Ever since I swapped the silver Verizon case for a black housing, the fit wasn't as tight and so I ripped a business card in half and put in under the battery cover. Tight as a frog's butt now, but I don't like having to keep taking the cover off to pull the battery. Just feel like it weakens the housing or clips or something.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips!

WillJitsu
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I tried using the reboot command: ALT + RIGHT SHIFT + DEL on my 8130 Pearl but I couldn't get it to work.

Anyone able to do this on the Pearl?

Sith_Apprentice
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
only works on full QWERTY devices.

WillJitsu
04-08-2008, 05:09 PM
only works on full QWERTY devices.

Well that explains it. Thanks for the reply!

Stinsonddog
04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I know a few shortcut tricks. See my sig if you like.

fortnotes
04-08-2008, 09:45 PM
And there's a way to change your wireless signal indicator from bars to dBm measured in numbers. I'm not really sure of the value of this last trick, but it's kind of cool.

I tried this one on my Curve (4.2.2.170) on which I'm using the BB Dimension Today Plus theme, and it does not display any numbers. It only makes the bars go away. :-(

hammer40
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I tried this one on my Curve (4.2.2.170) on which I'm using the BB Dimension Today Plus theme, and it does not display any numbers. It only makes the bars go away. :-(

Try changing your background to a lighter color. I couldn't see anything at first until I changed the background. The font is not very bold.

Jeff