PDA

View Full Version : Date/Time Function on BB 7250

hisierra
07-23-2005, 12:10 AM
I am having trouble getting my BB to reset to the time zone that I am in when I travel. On my cell phone, when I turned it back on, it would automatically reset to the timezone that I was in.

I have tried using the Copy Network Time function but this doesn't seem to work.

HELP!!!

Dawg
07-23-2005, 12:46 AM
have to set the time

PCW
07-23-2005, 11:08 AM
There have been a number of previous posts regarding this issue.

This info is according to what I've learned or have figured out. Perhaps Mark Rehjon or others can provide better info.

Because the Blackberry also contains a calendar and tasklist, both of which utilize time entries for their functionality, the Blackberry's cellphone circuitry does not automatically change the displayed local time (on the Blackberry homepage).

In Options, Date/Time, you can change the timezone. You can also quiry the Verizon system for accurate network time, then copy that network time (to the homescreen). Otherwise, the time which is displayed on the homepage is set manually in Options, or when synchronizing with your computer via the Blackberry Desktop Manager, if you've checked that option.

The current setup is cumbersome for those of us who appreciate having accurate time displayed on our devices, as we are accustomed to with other Verizon phones.

I've suggested, in previous posts, that RIM incorporate an optional dual time display (on the homescreen) on their next generation of operating systems deployed for Blackberries.

hisierra
07-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks so much for the info

leishirsute
09-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Seeing so mcuh email on this shows that this is obviously a deficiency in Balckberries.

It seems a simple option to allow selection of what is displayed - network or timezone time.