PDA

View Full Version : 7250 spam

sgm-co
07-23-2005, 08:13 AM
I have corporate email which manages my spam for business email.

I also have my device set to get copies of email via my persona domain name. I seem to be getting quite a bit of spam that doesn't hit my local email outlook box, but does hit my bb devices.

This is how it is configured.

my personal domain is set to
send a copy of all emails to a comcast.net account
send a copy of all emails to my vz.blackberry account

I don't use the redirectors as I don't really have a need for it. Unless it will assist with spam.

Does any of this make sense? I tried to set up some filters in the web client, but honestly the web client doesn't do much.

Thanks

Lance

Dusty Saddle
07-23-2005, 08:50 AM
I have corporate email which manages my spam for business email.

I also have my device set to get copies of email via my persona domain name. I seem to be getting quite a bit of spam that doesn't hit my local email outlook box, but does hit my bb devices.

This is how it is configured.

my personal domain is set to
send a copy of all emails to a comcast.net account
send a copy of all emails to my vz.blackberry account

I don't use the redirectors as I don't really have a need for it. Unless it will assist with spam.

Does any of this make sense? I tried to set up some filters in the web client, but honestly the web client doesn't do much.

Thanks

Lance
If you have spam filters on your comcast account, spam won't show up in your outlook box but will get to your blackberry. You might want to try adding spam filters at the the provider for your personal domain name. This way, spam should be filtered out at the domain level rather than at comcast or blackberry.

sgm-co
07-23-2005, 09:00 AM
trying the re-director instead. It is disabled at the desktop. How do I enable it?

KonTiki
07-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Reload your desktop manager and pay close attention to the choices, It seems to be part of the BES choice though it is not, it is a separate entity but if you look at the BES as you set it up you will find it.