PDA

View Full Version : Heelllp!!!!

jr88q
04-08-2008, 09:46 PM
hi guys i just bought a refurbished blackberry 8310 and it seems when the battery gets below the half way mark the systems begins to enter a loop. it can actually load all the way into my background picture and picks up service. but if i leave it on for like 10 seconds then it will continue to restart. but during that 10 sec. time period i can make a call and stay on the phone as long as i need to. but as soon as i get off it restarts itself and continues going into the loop. but once i charge the battery and it passes that half way mark i dont seem to get that problem. now i dont know if it is actually the battery that needs replacement or if some where the software might be damaged. im tryin to avoid buying a new battery but if it comes to that and that will fix my issue than i will be more than happy to do so. but if someone could plz help me out that would be awesome!!

jtdarden
04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (8330 Sprint)

Probably need a new battery, but it could be the early stages of water damage. I would try the following, in order.

Do a battery pull, leave out for 30 seconds the reboot.
While you have the battery out, check for water damage.

If that doesn't work, reload the OS using Desktop Manager.

If that doesn't work, get a new battery.

If none of this works, you need a new device.

jr88q
04-09-2008, 12:21 PM
lol ill be sure to try that. thx again and if anyone else might have a general ideas plz feel free to let me know!