PDA

View Full Version : No Date Plan - Having Email Sent As Text Messages Instead??

iamkidd
04-10-2008, 12:53 PM
So my fiancé made me shut off my BB data/email plan because we’re “trying to save money for the wedding.” When we switched our minute/data plan, we went to a family plan with unlimited text messaging from anybody on any network. My question was is there a plan out there (with any GSM service provider) that has a BB Email ONLY plan. I know T-Mobile had something like this for $10 at one time… I have AT&T right now. Another option I was thinking would be to set up my BB or email to send me the email as a “text message” rather than as an actual email. Is this even possible, or am I just dreaming up some high hopes again? LOL! If it IS possible, then how would I do it??

Thatzmister2u
04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
You would have challenges replying to it... but you could just forward it to your cell number something like 9162213333@<hidden> a long email will turn into a bunch of text though. I said you are better getting a cheap internet plan and using a client like yahoo or gmail. It's not push but it's better than nothing.

E-

Tell your Fiance to get the priorities straight! A man needs his BB! Have them eat chicken instead of steak! Ha!

takeshi
04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
You should be able to just make use of the SMS gateway. To send, create a new SMS. Start it with the recipient's email address, a space and then the body of the message. Send it to the gateway. I'm not sure what the number is for the at&t gateway but you should be able to find it easily. By default, you should have an email address that will deliver email via SMS to your phone (something like yournumber@<hidden>). Again, I don't know what the details are for at&t since I have a BES data plan and utilize it.

jeremyckitching
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Or you could try selling an organ on the Black Market to get a bunch of cash right away, then save that for the wedding! </thread crap>

lraed74
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Not even married and she's controlling what you do, what will be next after you have the ring on? :)