PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed

johnks
07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi all,

We have an executive GM who's blackberry device is coming up with the following message when trying to click on to the "Tasks" icon through the device.
"Uncaught exception ApplciationRegistry getorwaitfor (0xa181ofd2e049e5f3) owner died Thread{Thread-1536589824,51"

Any idea what this means?

Tried turning off the device, taking out the battery for 15 seconds, re-inserted, turned on and still the same message appears.

Email, calendar and all other work fine, except for tasks/to do's.

We are running a BES on our domino server.
Notes R6 clients and mailbox

Appreciate anyone's help.

John

johnks
07-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Its a RIM 7230 device model.

Soapm
07-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Out of curiosity, what version OS are they running?

johnks
07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
on there desktop? Windows XP.
Desktop Manager version: 4.0.0.30

johnks
07-24-2005, 10:20 PM
anymore blackberry gurus out there??

MasterBB
07-25-2005, 08:06 AM
try removing the user from the server (BES) then wiping the handheld.

then add him back onto the server, re-set his activation password and do another enterprise activation. depending on the amount of data he has on his outlook and all that, it could take awhile.

i work for the only blackberry specific store in the world, and set these things up all the time, i've had that problem before, and completely wiped and removed the user then re-installed and he the client was golden.

let me know if there are any other problems

KWADHWAN
09-10-2005, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=MasterBB]try removing the user from the server (BES) then wiping the handheld.

then add him back onto the server, re-set his activation password and do another enterprise activation. depending on the amount of data he has on his outlook and all that, it could take awhile.

i work for the only blackberry specific store in the world, and set these things up all the time, i've had that problem before, and completely wiped and removed the user then re-installed and he the client was golden.

Hi, I've got a 7100 which has a similar "owner died thread" which prevents me from accessing my phonebook. I'm not using a BES, just a redirector on my own desktop.

I synched successfully yesterday for the first time, and then today I get nothing - no sync or anything. The desktop application says connected, I hit intellisync, sync now, it says "setting up Intellisyc user, one moment..." and then the box disappears without doing anything.

The log file only has details of the previous day's sync.
Please help!
thanks,Kapil

lostinspace
09-10-2005, 08:48 AM
probably an easier solution would be to clear the database as it's corrupted

connect BB to pc -> goto DM -> backup/restore > advanced

on the Right hand side, click on the tasks database > click clear

it will prompt you that you're wiping out everything, ok that message

**NOTE** this action clears the entire database, so there will not be anything in tasks when it's done clearing it

however, this should fix your problem.

davef
09-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Make sure he's installed the Phone, MemoPad and Tasks applications on his device. Sounds like he has an application that is trying to hook into the BlackBerry's email application and it's failing. These applications are necessary to make that work.

BlackberryTechAgent
09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
No no no no. Any time you get an Uncaught Exception error you HAVE to reload handheld software. This will pretty much always fix the problem.

davef
09-11-2005, 08:45 PM
No no no no. Any time you get an Uncaught Exception error you HAVE to reload handheld software. This will pretty much always fix the problem.
Agreed. That will probably get him working again. However, if he has a 3rd party application on the device that is causing this problem, then it will reappear again once he reinstalls it. Just make sure he loads up all the supplementary BlackBerry applications when he restores his handheld.

davef
09-12-2005, 09:04 AM
If you really want to know the culprit, go to the home screen on the device and type Alt+LGLG. This will show the Event Viewer Log. Scroll down until you see a bold line that represents the exception you're seeing. Click on this exception and it will show you a stack trace. In that stack trace, you can usually see all of the possible applications/modules that are involved in the problem. Copy and paste the stack trace into an email and send it to yourself, then post it in this forum or send it to me.

Dawg
09-12-2005, 10:06 AM
ok I am getting a uncaught exception when I restart my unit thats the only time it happens the code is E net.rim.gme-REfs any idea what this is?

davef
09-12-2005, 10:15 AM
ok I am getting a uncaught exception when I restart my unit thats the only time it happens the code is E net.rim.gme-REfs any idea what this is?
The only Google for net.rim.gme I could find is here: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/728075/728212/728562/Support_-_Decryption_failure._Please_regenerate_key?nodeid=729264&vernum=0

May or may not be related...

Dawg
09-12-2005, 10:30 AM
well I didnt look close enough that wasnt the error I was seeing

Name: RuntimeException
GUID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Time: Sep 12, 2005 11:19:09
ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x1c83a547b3934c66) timeout
net_rim_cldc-4
ApplicationRegistry
<private>
0x390A
net_rim_cldc-4
ApplicationRegistry
waitFor
0x37DC
net_rim_cldc-4
ApplicationRegistry
waitFor
0x3743
net_rim_bb_apps_framework
TaskCollectionHolder
getTaskCollection
0xAD5F
net_rim_pdap_todo
ToDoListImpl
<init>
0x1004
net_rim_cldc-1
Class
newInstance
0x1F35
net_rim_pdap
ToDoListFactory
createToDoList
0x9E7A
net_rim_pdap
PIMImpl
openPIMList
0x8131
net_rim_bbapi_menuitem
ApplicationMenuItemRepository$SdkProxyVerb
<clinit>
0x4F3
net_rim_bbapi_menuitem
ApplicationMenuItemRepository
addMenuItem
0x15A
nextel_dynoplex_spellcheck
eSpell
main
0xA2

davef
09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
This is as I described previously. DynoPlex is trying to add a menu item to one of the BlackBerry applications (probably email). The key is the addMenuItem call in the stack trace.

Make sure Phone, Tasks and Memopad are all installed on the device. These are necessary for addMenuItem to work. And please report back if this fixed the problem. Good luck! :smile:

Dawg
09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
no memo and tasks arent installed on the device and havent been since I got it. but the error just started showing up.

davef
09-12-2005, 10:45 AM
no memo and tasks arent installed on the device and havent been since I got it. but the error just started showing up.
Install Memopad and tasks. The problem should go away.

Dawg
09-12-2005, 10:47 AM
ill just suffer the error when I restart I dont want useless programs on my bb.

Thanks Dave