PDA

View Full Version : No Internet, Slow BES Mail -- Only in one AT&T Cell

cdkone
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I have an unusual issue with my new BB 8310 on the AT&T network. I only have the phone for about 4 weeks and for the first 3 weeks it has been working flawlessly. (i.e. while at home EDGE 5 bars, great internet access, BES Mail, etc.)

Last week I began to encounter a very unusual problem, even though the phone still displayed EDGE 4 - 5 bars, I was unable to access the internet from the phone, no Google, Yahoo or anything else. Also, email from my corporate BES server was very slow.

I have been working with AT&T and have done all the things they recommended, new service book for internet, double check all settings, even wiping the phone.

So here is the interesting part, when I am in my home cell, even though I have EDGE 4 bars I can not use the internet, I could not reactivate my BES service or receive the service books. If I drive about 5 miles from my home, everything is fine. I get the service books, I can use the internet, I can activate the BES server and email works fine. Also, wherever I went all weekend long everything worked fine, even in areas with only 1 or 2 bars of coverage.

I explained this to AT&T, they probably think I am crazy and they are leaning towards me replacing the SIM card and reloading all the software. I pushed back a little and they said they would escalate to Network Services.

So, can anyone provide any insight into what might be happening? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DiscGolfer
04-14-2008, 04:49 PM
If it only happens in that one area it could just be a faulty tower... or interference.

Check out; Dataoutages.com

kjjb0204
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Is your house covered in tinfoil?

Funny Pictures - Cats - Tinfoil House Prank - Generally Funny (http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/html/Tinfoil-House-Prank.html)