PDA

View Full Version : Media/Media Manager Help, please

jhe888
04-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I have photos stored in my Blackberry on a Sandisc 2 gig card. Twice now, the Blackberry has "Lost" these photos. They are in three folders under my photos. The BB cannot find them, but the Roxio Media Manager can. The first time I transferred the photos to a PC and then reloaded them to the BB. I tried that this time, but one of the folders cannot be erased, even when empty, and cannot be re-written with the missing folder. What gives. It makes me nervous that the files are so vulnerable.

greggebhardt
04-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Never had a problem like that.

So you say these folders and images can be seen with the Roxio Media Manager on the card. You are sure you are looking at the card and not the device memory?

Strange indeed.

jhe888
04-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes. The Blackberry showed the folders, but they appeared to be empty to the Blackberry. But the Roxio Media Manager saw the folders and the files in them and could display them. I used the Media Mngr to copy them to my PC. Then I had to use the PC, just using Windows, to erase the files and the folder from the BB (because the BB was telling me it could delete the folders because they were not empty), and then reload the folders and files from the PC using the Media Manager.

I did remove the battery and reboot the BB, but the same thing was still true.

All is well now, but I am afraid the files could get lost forever sometime. I will have to be careful with backups.