PDA

View Full Version : Force "Headset" profile on 8310

jhlee_99
04-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I have a Plantronics 510 and BB 8310. Before the Blackberry, I was able to use my Plantronics 510 with my PC (SKYPE) and a LG Mobile Phone connected at the same time. I couldn't have calls on both devices at the same time, but I was able to switch between two units without any problems and the Bluetooth connection was kept alive. I remember the only way Plantronics Multipoint Technology was able to do this was by connecting to the Mobile Phone using the "Headset" profile and PC using the "Headsfree" profile.

If both were connected by "handsfree" profiles, both PC and Mobile phone was connected, but no sound from the headset. If PC was connected by "headset" and Mobile Phone "handsfree", once I answer a call on the Mobile Phone using the 510 headset, the bluetooth connection to the PC was lost.

So, the problem I have is no matter what I try, whenever my Plantronics 510 connects to the BB 8310, it defaults to the "handsfree" profile and the options doesn't let me change. Anyone know how to "force" the BB to using the "headset" profile when connecting to a particular device?

Please help!