PDA

View Full Version : Can I install windows mobile 6.1 to my new BB8820??

musicmania
04-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Can I install windows mobile 6.1 to my new BB8820??

If so how do i do that?:bb:

John Clark
04-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Uh, no. Not possible.

Sith_Apprentice
04-15-2008, 01:09 AM
and for the record, WHY would you want to ruin a perfectly good device by putting a POS OS on it.

musicmania
04-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I am not able to open word docs, PPT, PDF .. live videos with streaming... which come by default in windows mobile. Is there any freeware that i can get them in BB8820??

Sith_Apprentice
04-15-2008, 01:12 AM
you can open pdt, ppt, doc, xls and wordperfect docs natively if you have a blackberry data plan (via email). E-Office will allow editing/saving to the media card (not freewhere). Though documents to Go will be released eventually, and will allowing viewing/editing/saving natively (requires BIS/BES upgrade) and will have a free/pay version. Streaming video is also with that upgrade. If you are looking for these features now, you might have not researched the device as well as you should, and would possibly be happier with a.... dare i say it.. WinMo device

Cory Scheuer
04-15-2008, 01:46 AM
and for the record, WHY would you want to ruin a perfectly good device by putting a POS OS on it.

ahahahhahahah ohh sithy your so funny ;-)

Sith_Apprentice
04-15-2008, 01:49 AM
its not a joke... its the truth, not funny at all :sad:

Cory Scheuer
04-15-2008, 01:49 AM
ohh i know, just funny the way your worded it, thats all lol

Dubdub
04-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Sounds to me like you made a poor phone choice with the BB. Go get a WM device if you must edit MS Office files with the device.

ezrunner
04-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (mindlessly posted)

This topic again

Do a search!!!!

WM on a BB. What are people thinking

shaf77
04-15-2008, 08:14 AM

EXACTLY!! I had an iPAQ with WM on it and hated it!

customshopkv1
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I had a 8800 with T-Mobile and got rid of it for a Wing (POS). Left T-Mobile because of the slow internet and no reception at my house unless I was outside. Went to Verizon and got the XV6800 which I had since December. It had the worst bluetooth and internet problems, so I called and complained and Verizon exchanged the XV6800 for the 8830 free of charge at the beginning of this month. Now I am happy again. (n) w/ windows mobile

coldconfession13
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
You should be hanged for even asking that question.

Moonshadow
04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Here we go again! I want to put Windows in my microwave. This is deja vu all over again!

TroyDBrown
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Very easy solution, take the BlackBerry 8820 back get a Windows Mobile device. Also do research before purchase.

Kamau
04-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm with Sith................."WHY?"

Peregrine
04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
And for the record Steaming Video still does not work well at all on WM6. Youtube cetainly does NOT.

LinkMobile
04-15-2008, 08:08 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!! :cry:

musicmania
04-15-2008, 10:15 PM
you can open pdt, ppt, doc, xls and wordperfect docs natively if you have a blackberry data plan (via email). E-Office will allow editing/saving to the media card (not freewhere). Though documents to Go will be released eventually, and will allowing viewing/editing/saving natively (requires BIS/BES upgrade) and will have a free/pay version. Streaming video is also with that upgrade. If you are looking for these features now, you might have not researched the device as well as you should, and would possibly be happier with a.... dare i say it.. WinMo device

I hv dataplan and i still cannot open pdf, ppt, docs... e-office is allowing only trail version..( and for the record its not freewhere)... I dont care what any body thinks here... no body even gave me a proper reason. why am i paying $549 for a phone which doesn't even hv office features ? and touch screen kinda stuff? IS IT REALLY WORTH? :-o:shock:

musicmania
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Uh, no. Not possible.

thanks for the straight reply man...

musicmania
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
You should be hanged for even asking that question.

grow up kiddooo

Sith_Apprentice
04-15-2008, 10:47 PM
touch screens = broken devices. i have thrown my device through a wall in a training (not intentionally and it was my personal device) and all it did was crack the plastic casing.

musicmania
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
touch screens = broken devices. i have thrown my device through a wall in a training (not intentionally and it was my personal device) and all it did was crack the plastic casing.

anything wud break .. if something happens like that... dont u think?

Perfect Storm
04-16-2008, 07:21 AM
anything wud break .. if something happens like that... dont u think?
You clearly missed the point of that post

jeremyckitching
04-16-2008, 08:04 AM
I hv dataplan and i still cannot open pdf, ppt, docs... e-office is allowing only trail version..( and for the record its not freewhere)... I dont care what any body thinks here... no body even gave me a proper reason. why am i paying $549 for a phone which doesn't even hv office features ? and touch screen kinda stuff? IS IT REALLY WORTH? :-o:shock:

The attachments have to come via e-mail. If you receive an attachment via e-mail, the BlackBerry *should* give you the option to Open Attachment. If you are using the Desktop Redirector to get your e-mail this won't happen, as it doesn't forward the attachments.

There isn't a way right now (without third-party software) to just open a Word or PDF file from a microSD card.

RadHaz75
04-16-2008, 08:17 AM

doing my best not to flame you in a flash of white sarcastic rage... see the bolds from sith's post, then yours. i'm guessing it's your ability to read that helped contribute to your purchase of the blackberry to fulfill your needs.

tedrex
04-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Here we go again! I want to put Windows in my microwave. This is deja vu all over again!

Why would you need more than one window on your microwave? It should have come with one already. :-o

tedrex
04-16-2008, 11:17 AM

touch screens = broken devices = broken wall ;-)

kjjb0204
04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
What really annoys me about this is when someone buys something without knowing it's capabilities first. Doesn't just apply to a Blackberry or WM device. You don't buy a Ford Excursion, then realize when you get home it won't fit in your garage.

penguin3107
04-16-2008, 11:24 AM
You don't buy a Ford Excursion, then realize when you get home it won't fit in your garage.

Unless you just originally planned on parking it in the driveway.

jsconyers
04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
That is when you put the Excursion's engine in a Smart car smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo (http://www.smartusa.com/)