PDA

View Full Version : Using 7100G as a modem

Shailender
07-25-2005, 12:39 PM
(n)

Hi!

Newly bough 7100g and was able to configure as modem on laptop. But strange enough the IP & Gateway which I get are same for e.g. after connection IP 10.1.200.58 Gatwaway 10.1.200.58 !!!

Not able to browse !!!!!

I am on AIRTEL

Dose any body have any clue ?? The Customer support refuses the fuctioning of 7100g as a modem !!!

camerch
07-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately using a BB as a modem is still in experimental stages an no carrier will assist you with it, as for why this is occuring is beyond me...

My advised is to contact your provided and have them knock your registration of the network so you can completly redo the data connection and start over to see why this is occuring;

jpendyk
07-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I have gotten an answer on this one from RIM. It looks like the 10.x.x.x for both the Client and server is correct. The trick to getting things to work was disabling all other LAN connections. Once I did this, I was able to surf and connect to my office via VPN. Simply disconnecting the LAN wire is not enough. The connection needs to be disabled in order to use my 7100g as a modem. Looks like some form of routing issue.

hartmanbj
07-12-2006, 04:04 PM
I have gotten an answer on this one from RIM. It looks like the 10.x.x.x for both the Client and server is correct. The trick to getting things to work was disabling all other LAN connections. Once I did this, I was able to surf and connect to my office via VPN. Simply disconnecting the LAN wire is not enough. The connection needs to be disabled in order to use my 7100g as a modem. Looks like some form of routing issue.

What VPN software do you use?