PDA

View Full Version : Previous Blackberries

blastississimo
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Over the past two years, I've been an owner of several blackberries. Something that I'm incredible concerned about is how to determine if my previous PIN's have been used or recycled. There have been times when I've had to send a blackberry back to Verizon or ATT (previously Cingular) in order to get a refurbished replacement. As some of you may know, both Verizon and Cingular have webclients to log into to be able to determine a way to push specific email accounts to the blackberry. I have had to make numerous accounts because most of the time, I forget my webclient password and do not have the blackberry tied in with that webclient account to retrieve the password by having it sent to me.

Of course, as it is a PERSONAL blackberry, and as PERSONAL things are being sent to and from that blackberry, are there any possibilities that another individual could get that specific Blackberry (after being refurbished or wiped and such) with the same pin that I had, and somehow, after getting the correct data plan and being activated, receive MY emails from my personal accounts?

Although, I dont know why anyone would tolerate this issue, but does blackberry, verizon, or cingular have ways to prevent this?

I'm sure it would be a major legal issue if something like this slipped through the cracks, however, I'm just curious to know if tehy have something in effect.

jtdarden
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (8330 Sprint)

The only way this would happen is if your webclient account is not updated with your new device. If you switched carriers, you should call the carrier's tech support and make sure they have deleted your account off of their BIS/WebClient server (just to be certain).