PDA

View Full Version : Screening Calls On BlackBerry

methamp
04-17-2008, 03:17 PM
A while back I had an old Sanyo flip-phone that had this great feature. Instead of hitting "Talk" you could go into the menu and select Screen Call. A voicemail-like message would play to the caller with the "BEEP" at the end, faking sending it to voicemail so I can see who it is. If I liked what I heard, I hit a button and it let me jump in and talk.

Are there any call screening applications for BlackBerry? I've got the Pearl 8130 on the latest OS (USCC).

Thanks.

ma077146
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Nothing like what you describe. Their are several call manager programs available (Antair, iCall Manager), but you can send someone straight to voicemail by hitting the hang up button.

akg
04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Grandcentral (http://www.grandcentral.com) does this sort of thing; not an app for the BB, but it gives you call screening ability if you want to go to the trouble of giving out a new number.

methamp
04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I know, but I'm looking for something on the device itself. I have searched all over and can't seem to find anything out there. I wasn't able to locate one for my old Treo either.

:-/

I know this type of application has to exist... Hit a button, play a "fake" voicemail message, and either take or reject the call. Come on, guys!

akg
04-17-2008, 03:43 PM
No, I've never seen it and I really doubt it exists for the BlackBerry. It really doesn't sound possible to just "add on" through RIM's APIs, but I'm not a developer.

methamp
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
No, I've never seen it and I really doubt it exists for the BlackBerry. It really doesn't sound possible to just "add on" through RIM's APIs, but I'm not a developer.

I guess it's more of an integration than I originally thought.

Walt
04-18-2008, 10:08 AM
GrandCentral will do this. It will also allow you to record the call. You will have to use the GrandCentral phone number though.

akg
04-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow...déjà vu...

methamp
04-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Wirelessly posted

So much for my call screening dreams...