PDA

View Full Version : Erase my blackberry completely

evan
04-18-2008, 11:25 AM
I have a 7130e and it was attached to my BES, I upgraded to an 8330 so I just deleted the user but forgot to hit the "erase data and disable handheld" before I deleted it. Now I've got the 7130e and have used the security menu to "wipe handheld" to get rid of all the data but I can't seem to erase all the programs and IT Policy that was attached to it through the BES. Any thoughts as to how to restore it to "out of the box" factory default?

Thatzmister2u
04-18-2008, 11:29 AM
I have a 7130e and it was attached to my BES, I upgraded to an 8330 so I just deleted the user but forgot to hit the "erase data and disable handheld" before I deleted it. Now I've got the 7130e and have used the security menu to "wipe handheld" to get rid of all the data but I can't seem to erase all the programs and IT Policy that was attached to it through the BES. Any thoughts as to how to restore it to "out of the box" factory default?

You cannot ever remove the IT policy. The best you can do is send a blank policy so that the device will have full functionality.

You can wipe using JL_cmdr and reload the OS if you wish to get it back to factory as far as everything else.

Good Luck!

E-

JSanders
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

You can remove the IT Policy (actually you cannot remove it, but replace it with a "blank" policy.

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

Good luck.

jsconyers
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
To remove the IT policy, follow this link Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

You could just upgrade the OS to have the "out of the box" factory defaults.

Sith_Apprentice
04-18-2008, 11:31 AM
to remove the IT policy it takes a bit more than the security wipe from the handheld. There are instructions that I will link to here. To erase programs just hook it up to Desktop Manager.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/67224-remove-policy.html

JSanders
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I think just onnnnneeeee more person needs to answer this post.

Who's next?

Sith_Apprentice
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
nice response, 4 posts in 2 minutes. (y) also welcome to the forums

d_fisher
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Is there an echo in here?

jack_hc
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Blackberry.

just want to clarify remove IT policy is the only way to get factory status of device except upgrade OS.

Thanks,

Jack

JSanders
06-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Blackberry.

just want to clarify remove IT policy is the only way to get factory status of device except upgrade OS.

No, removing the IT policy is one step in the process. Wiping the device and loading a fresh OS are two steps I would recommend as well.

jack_hc
06-12-2008, 04:52 AM
No, removing the IT policy is one step in the process. Wiping the device and loading a fresh OS are two steps I would recommend as well.

Hi JSanders,

Thanks for your reply. i just looked at Admin Guide, it says

Return a BlackBerry device to the factory default state.
1.Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer on which the BlackBerry Manager is installed.
2.In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click Local Ports (Device Management).
3.In the Connection list, click a connection.
4.Click Nuke Device.
5.Click Yes.
6.Click Load Device (Interactive).
7.Click a software configuration.
8.Click OK.
9.Complete the application loader wizard.

i haven't tried yet, in case anyone in the forum interested.

Regards,

Jack

JSanders
06-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Not all users here are on a BES, nor have access to the Admins' interface.

palanilopez12
06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi JSanders,

Thanks for your reply. i just looked at Admin Guide, it says

Return a BlackBerry device to the factory default state.
1.Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer on which the BlackBerry Manager is installed.
2.In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click Local Ports (Device Management).
3.In the Connection list, click a connection.
4.Click Nuke Device.
5.Click Yes.
6.Click Load Device (Interactive).
7.Click a software configuration.
8.Click OK.
9.Complete the application loader wizard.

i haven't tried yet, in case anyone in the forum interested.

Regards,

Jack

i just got my blackerry and am running into some problems as far as the browser goes and it just seems to be really slow like when i move the track ball it doesn't move when i do...it kind of pauses then goes...is this how i would go about getting it back to factory settings?