PDA

View Full Version : RE: Verizon 8830 Unlocking (Updated)

idfubar
04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Regarding the closed thread entitled "I Unlocked My Blackberry 8830 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/80997-i-unlocked-my-blackberry-8830-a.html)": it should be noted the process for unlocking an 8830 has changed. As the owner of a used 8830 since last September (w/BES service until January) the thread led me to believe concern is due if attempting to unlock the phone; such concern (in light of the experience which was offered) is misplaced.

After calling Verizon to obtain a "Global Phone Support Pack" ($29.99 for a replacement, first is free) a second call to the Verizon Global Support Department resulted in an email message containing the "idemnify and hold harmless" agreement for non-Verizon SIM cards. During the second call live step-by-step instructions for unlocking the phone (i.e. insertion of the Verizon/Vodafone SIM card included with the Global Phone Support Pack as well as MEP2 code and undocumented process for entering the MEP2 code) were provided; needless to say unlocking the 8830 was accomplished with two phone calls to Verizon and at no cost.

;-)

tootoomuchfun
05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Local Verizon store (Michigan) said they activated my SIM, but did not. Trying to get access before I return to the states.