PDA

View Full Version : Multiple email accounts

jimhaynes
04-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Is it possible to have a BlackBerry access several email accounts automatically, e.g. a POP account, a Gmail account, a .Mac account, etc?

Sith_Apprentice
04-19-2008, 10:24 AM
yes you can. set it up at BlackBerry Internet Service (http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw) and add the accounts you like. most accounts will work without server settings. you can link up to 10 accounts, plus the 1 carrier.blackberry.net account. and if on a BES you have your corporate mail account as well for a total of 12.

mrgrtvil
05-27-2008, 09:15 AM
When you configure multiple accounts on the BB Pearl, do you then have multiple Inboxes so that you can view/manage those accounts separately? Or will everything show up in the same inbox?

I've never used multiple accounts in one e-mail app before (phone of PC), so I'm not familiar with this. But I don't want my personal and work e-mails all mashed together on my BB...but I'd love to use this feature if I can.

THANKS!!

KeNNethX
05-27-2008, 09:20 AM
When you configure multiple accounts on the BB Pearl, do you then have multiple Inboxes so that you can view/manage those accounts separately? Or will everything show up in the same inbox?

THANKS!!

Yes and Yes :)

You do get separate email icons for each account...but all of the emails, also, show up in "Messages". With newer OSes you can add different color backgrounds (or with 4.3 and 4.5 different color borders) to each account...so you know what is what. I don't know why RIM doesn't offer a hide BIS emails option in Messages options...so I can just see those emails in separate icons. I know there is software...but it only creates an extra icon for the BES mail...all mail still winds up in Messages...feh.