PDA

View Full Version : Synchronizing Outlook via DTM

mikeyznsacto
04-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I am using BB Curve 831 DTM 4.3 and trying to sych messages.
The option to reconcile messages is grayed and can't be selected.
What am I doing wrong?
Can outlook messages be synched via DTM?

John Clark
04-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Messages do not "sync" via Outlook/DTM. email messages have to be sent using BIS/BES/Redirector only.

mikeyznsacto
04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your response-
So-let me get this right. The only way to synch my messages in my Inbox with my BB is via BES and MSexchange server?

I have a pearl with BES and exchange server so I get wireless synch.

I am trying to set up my wifes curve to synch via cable....She doesn't need the synch like I do..

Sounds like that's not going to happen without a BES plan and server ie Mailstreet like I use.

Is that correct?

John Clark
04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
You have to have a data plan in order to get email. email does not sync with DM. You have to set it up in BIS, use a BES or use Redirector. They all require a BB data plan. If you want wireless sync of PIM data then you need BES.

mikeyznsacto
04-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I do have a data plan and am currently recieving emails on BB (the pop account that I want to sych with OL)

That's why my confusion:?

John Clark
04-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Email will not sync with outlook.

djm2
04-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I do have a data plan and am currently recieving emails on BB (the pop account that I want to sych with OL)

That's why my confusion:?

If you have the data plan, you can set it up to wirelessly sync that email account at the ATT web site.

Dubdub
04-20-2008, 12:21 PM
If you have the data plan, you can set it up to wirelessly sync that email account at the ATT web site.

Email does NOT sync unless you have BES or a hosted BES solution or redirector. ATT cannot make it sync without one of these.

djm2
04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Email does NOT sync unless you have BES or a hosted BES solution or redirector. ATT cannot make it sync without one of these.

Bad choice of words on my part. Through BIS he can receive and send emails with the BIS data plan -- it is not technically a sync.