PDA

View Full Version : Quiet sound alert for email notification

steelydan
04-20-2008, 01:21 PM
On my 8800 I am trying to get a quiet sound alert for email notification. If I set the sound to normal it only vibrates on receiving email. If I set it to 'loud' then it vibrates and I also get a sound alert. I'm trying to figure out how I can get a sound alert on receiving email but a low-volume alert only. Any ideas? Thanks.

akosnitzky
04-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

The option is there in the profiles.

What am I not understanding from your post?

steelydan
04-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Under Applications, Profiles i.e. the Loudspeaker icon you have Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only and Off. If I set it to 'Normal' it neither vibrates or gives a sound on receiving email. The only sound alert for receving email is 'Loud' and I would like a sound notification but not a 'loud' one. I don't see an option to lower the volume of the 'loud' notification.

Veereihen6
04-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't know id its the same on the 8800, but on my 8130 you need to scroll further down in that profiles screen to advanced. Then you can fine tune each profile.

steelydan
04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey, thanks. I missed that. Works! Just set volume to low.

akosnitzky
04-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Hey, thanks. I missed that. Works! Just set volume to low.

Because you had mentioned you set the profile, I assumed you knew about the advanced feature. One of the criticisms is that the phone volime is too low, so you will need to use trial and error to find or import a tone that works for you.