PDA

View Full Version : Delivered

femel
04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
I want to turn off the Delivered Receipt. I have looked both on the Bell Blackberry site and in the options in the device for email. Should I be looking somewhere else, I just can not find where to turn this option off.

hdawg
04-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Messages > Options > Email Settings

femel
04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Not what I am looking for, at least not on my blackberry. I have the read receipts - delivery, read and send read all at NO. For both emails. This does not stop the delivered message. There must be another place to look!

JSanders
04-21-2008, 09:28 AM
What does the message say, which you are receiving?

femel
04-21-2008, 09:31 AM
It always prefaces the original subject with Delivered,
and the body says:

Your message was delivered to the recipient.

MikeB
04-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Are you using a Domino or Exchange server?

femel
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
I am on Bell Canada Internet Service

MikeB
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Do you wanna stop sending those? or receiving?
To stop sending you should be able by turning off the options in emails settings as said above
If you wanna stop receiving, you can add filters

femel
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
It would be receiving. I receive this message each and every time I send a message. It is just noise.

I always assume (silly me) that my message is delivered, unless it kicks back.

If I put it in the filter, I suspect I risk including emails I want. If the subject would be delivered. I can see non-spam uses for that. And you can't filter a body statement?

stevetaz
04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi:

FWIW...I thought I had checked in all places, but continued to receive these notices.

Make sure that when you go to the Options > EMail Settings > Message Services That the correct account is showing there. You mentioned two accounts. They both have to be set to not get the receipts.

After a few times looking I finally realized I had to select my BIS account mailbox name. The BES master account was I kept seeing until I realized.

Sure are a bunch of setting possibilities on these devices!

I hope this helps....

SteveTaz