PDA

View Full Version : Selling an un-cracked phone?

Reflection
04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Does it effect the sale price on ebay if a phone is tied to a provider and the provider wont give out unlock codes?

My provider is one I never see mentioned around forums: Centennial Wireless and they refuse to give out unlock codes.

Sith_Apprentice
04-21-2008, 12:24 PM
get the unlock code from the third link in my sig. HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com)

cjcarbone
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
I will also vouvh for HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com) they got me a CellularOne code in about 10 days, everyother company stated 3-4 weeks.

Great communication, and always willing to help ot with issues, even if its not their issue!

I was having an issue with my phone, and he helped me out, instead of just saying send it to me and it will cost xxx$$.

hyedipin
04-21-2008, 12:53 PM
they dont unlock pantech duo :(

Reflection
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Looks like it costs $50 to unlock my phone then...really not worth it.

I could pay 150 for insurance deductible, then 50 to unlock...and barely make 10 bucks selling a new bb pearl on ebay. Looks like the new ones were selling around 200.

Unless there was a free unlock thing I missed on there cuz only one I seen was the "unlock any bb phone" and always had a price on it around 50.

Sith_Apprentice
04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
are you just replacing a device that you have damage or lost?

Reflection
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
My 2nd bb phone has a loose USB port and wont charge right or sync w/ pc. My carrier is forcing me to pay 150 to have it replaced and RIM won't deal with me because my carrier bought the rights to all warranty issues. Plus RIM says a loose USB is usually not covered by by the 1yr warranty as it falls under physical dmg.

I don't need the 2nd phone anymore as I took it away from my ex (refrains from profanity about her lol). So now I want to just give my 3rd companion line to my mom w/ an old razor so I have a almost brand new barely ever used BB that doesn't work right. Trying to cut my losses and sell it or pay the deductible, get a brand new one, and make something selling it for more than the deductible costs me. Either way I am taking a serious loss on a $300 phone.

Reflection
04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok so I've established I have to pay to unlock the phone. Does selling a phone tied to a carrier (not unlocked) bring the value of it down on ebay?

Would a brand new bb pearl not unlocked be worth less than a brand new unlocked bb pearl?

olly666
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Ok so I've established I have to pay to unlock the phone. Does selling a phone tied to a carrier (not unlocked) bring the value of it down on ebay?

Would a brand new bb pearl not unlocked be worth less than a brand new unlocked bb pearl?
It doesn't necessarily make it worth less... As long as you can find a buyer that uses the same service provider you shouldn't have any trouble selling it. Personally I prefer buying a device that's locked, just because I have the satisfaction of knowing it's new. "New" unlocked blackberries (generally speaking...) have to be opened and unlocked prior to sale; which in my opinion makes them not new. Good luck.

pegb856
05-20-2008, 06:11 AM

I am so sorry I am late on this but just in case you still have it. I suggest you get another providers sim card and try it in the phone before ordering an unlock code, as most (but not all) Centennial phones are shipped from the manufacturer unlocked.