PDA

View Full Version : AIM on TMo 8800

lqfocus06
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Are there any working AIM for T-Mobile 8800? I've tried searching, could not find anything.

I want to get a direct answer here. I have AIM 1.11 installed on my BB, and it says to go to blackberry.com/aim and it gets me to nowhere, but a direct download for AIM.

I'm starting to believe that there's nonworking AIM for 8800, is there?

I like JiveTalk, but at the moment, I can't afford $30 for license, not even $20 because you never know if you need replacement tomorrow.

ricpac
04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Have you ever tried downloading and installing it?

JSanders
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
On your BB browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com for the AIM application, follow the links to download it, which is what you need, to download and install the application to your BB.

shona67
04-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Are there any working AIM for T-Mobile 8800? I've tried searching, could not find anything.

I want to get a direct answer here. I have AIM 1.11 installed on my BB, and it says to go to blackberry.com/aim and it gets me to nowhere, but a direct download for AIM.

I'm starting to believe that there's nonworking AIM for 8800, is there?

I like JiveTalk, but at the moment, I can't afford $30 for license, not even $20 because you never know if you need replacement tomorrow.

How about free instant message software, WebMessenger (not MSN Messenger)? WebMessenger software allows you to access to AIM, Google, MSN Messenger/Window Messenger, ICQ and Yahoo from your BlackBerry.

Here is a link:
WebMessenger Inc. (http://www.webmessenger.com/)

lqfocus06
04-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I did try, but I have had this message asking me to activate my BB to this specific address: http://www.blackberry.com/aim

It never works. AIM 1.11 don't work, not even AIM 2.0 but designed for Sprint/8830.

shona, I will try that what you recommended in your post, and I will get back here with the update. Thank you!

JSanders
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
What do you mean "it never works". It is impossible to help troubleshoot your problem without more details of the error you are getting.

It does "work" (although I wouldn't use AIM anyway, horrible application). JiveTalk is the best IM app out there.

lqfocus06
04-25-2008, 02:02 PM
What do you mean "it never works". It is impossible to help troubleshoot your problem without more details of the error you are getting.

It does "work" (although I wouldn't use AIM anyway, horrible application). JiveTalk is the best IM app out there.
I have to go to www.blackberry.com/aim to get the AIM working that I downloaded off through the AIM whatever site for Blackberry. It tells me to activate, what is that? I don't see anything anywhere to activate the AIM. Everyone had that problem, and I've yet to find the solution.