PDA

View Full Version : message from network@etp02.etp.na.blackber

tathepilot
07-26-2005, 07:16 PM
What the hell is this...! and how do i stop it.

I keep getting these messages from:
network@<hidden>

subject:RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

body:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 117
ATaVRHoAAAAAIBAIMjAyNjdCQTMgGmFtdXJyYXlASGFja1JlYWxFc3RhdGUuY29tAD9lZIVQ
BUNNSU1FA0CAgICAMgAAMDM2MUU1Q0E0K0crMQBICa+AMsf8kzlAE/QBvd3VABmvABefPghe
O+OkpRVI6VGX
ENDETP 1062633065

KonTiki
07-26-2005, 07:36 PM
You get those because you are using redirector, every time you connect your BB to the computer it generates two more. It is ok just ignore them or what i do is i only keep the two most recent and delete the rest a bit of an inconvenience but its the price you pay.

corey@12mile
07-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Why don't people use the search function? This has been discussed many times over including the real cause and the real answer.

cd.

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 07:55 AM
i tried the search for about 30 minutes yesterday and came up with nothing. can someone kindly direct me to the post.....

the time that was taken to post a 'useless' reply could be used to help us 'newbies' out...??

thx

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 09:53 AM
any takers

NJBlackBerry
07-27-2005, 09:56 AM
How are you forwarding e-mail to your BlackBerry? BES, BWC or Desktop Redirector.

I am guessing that either when you installed Desktop Manager on your PC, you selected Desktop Redirector, or you tried to do a Enterprise Activation from your handheld.

If you selected Desktop Redirector, uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall it - not using Desktop Redirector.

KonTiki
07-27-2005, 09:58 AM
I seldom like to down rate others, and I do use the search button, I do try to help others because I too am a newbie, but in this case I agree, I have searched hi and low for this error message too, corey@<hidden> but cannot come up with anything. In case you do not know it and it has been a long term contention of others here that the search engine is not reliable. So if you know answers, as much as I know it is a pain in the neck to be answering the same questions over and over, some questions are more inmportant than others. So yes if it is something about ringtones I can see sending them to the search but something like this if you know the answer dont blow people off, if you dont want to be bothered do not even spend the time it takes to write a message to blow off someone in need.

NJBlackBerry
07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I know (since I have answered this more than once) that this type of error message comes up around once a week.

corey@12mile
07-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I just did a search, took me all of 10 seconds and found this thread. Read the last reply.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4940&highlight=etp

cd.

Bawdygard
07-27-2005, 12:41 PM
What the hell is this...! and how do i stop it.

I keep getting these messages from:
network@<hidden>

subject:RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

body:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 117
ATaVRHoAAAAAIBAIMjAyNjdCQTMgGmFtdXJyYXlASGFja1JlYWxFc3RhdGUuY29tAD9lZIVQ
BUNNSU1FA0CAgICAMgAAMDM2MUU1Q0E0K0crMQBICa+AMsf8kzlAE/QBvd3VABmvABefPghe
O+OkpRVI6VGX
ENDETP 1062633065

I got the same thing when I went to my T-Mobile BB account web page and tried to be cute by setting up my office e-mail account as an e-mail account to have my T-Mobile Blackberry account "work with." (Oh, I should also mention that we don't have BES.) Obviously, I did not get the desired results, but I did get those messages. Deleting it as an e-mail account did have the desired result of stopping the messages.

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
How are you forwarding e-mail to your BlackBerry? BES, BWC or Desktop Redirector.

I am guessing that either when you installed Desktop Manager on your PC, you selected Desktop Redirector, or you tried to do a Enterprise Activation from your handheld.

If you selected Desktop Redirector, uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall it - not using Desktop Redirector.

Im using bwc. At first i did try to do the above, but than uninstalled it and now im just using bwc to forward.

While I have some attention, Ill expain what im trying to do:

forward my exchange email to my bb. id rather not leave my computer on, if possible.

NJBlackBerry
07-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Many companies do not allow you to forward e-mail outside of their enterprise - we certainly do not. If your company uses POP3 to access the Exchange e-mail, you can set up the BWC to poll the POP3 e-mail. Otherwise you may end up having to use the desktop redirector and leaving it on 24X7.

KonTiki
07-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Well I am still confused, corey 12, i tried for over 12 minutes and could not get an answer so the search engines should be tried first but they do not always work or work for everyone. Now my questions is this i have redirector on my home computer and i leave it on 24/7, i have also set the RWC to poll my home e-mail (the same one where I have my redirector set up from), is this redundant and is this why i am getting those network@<hidden> e-mails?

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (My sword: BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Please explain the poll..?

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (My sword: BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Sorry first time on the wap site.... I meant to ask, when you speak of setting up your client to poll the exchange server via pop3, is this done through bwc? Or is this done through my bb? Pls explain in detail

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 07:58 PM

Sorry first time on the wap site.... I meant to ask, when you speak of setting up your client to poll the exchange server via pop3, is this done through bwc? Or is this done through my bb? Pls explain in detail

tathepilot
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM

Bawdygard
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Im using bwc. At first i did try to do the above, but than uninstalled it and now im just using bwc to forward.

While I have some attention, Ill expain what im trying to do:

forward my exchange email to my bb. id rather not leave my computer on, if possible.

Can you forward your e-mail to your BB via Out of Office Assistant? Some companies put restrictions on such practices, but if not, it'll work with your PC turned off.

tathepilot
07-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Can you forward your e-mail to your BB via Out of Office Assistant? Some companies put restrictions on such practices, but if not, it'll work with your PC turned off.

i can give this a try...

but i keep getting those emails from network@<hidden> argggghhh..!!!
how do i stop it

thx

tathepilot
07-28-2005, 05:13 PM

well garsh darnit, simple. fixes my problem.

thx

tathepilot
07-29-2005, 08:41 AM
please anyone...
not using bwc to forward to my bb anymore.
using exchange out of office assistant to forward to my bb.

still getting these messages.

search is useless. what the hell am i searching for. should i try every letter of the alphabet before i get an answer.

thx