PDA

View Full Version : 8300 Browser Issue

ewvarn
04-22-2008, 07:41 AM
I've posted this on a couple other forums with absolutely no results/replies. Here's to hoping that someone here can help me.

I created a simple mobile website with links to different mobile sites and OTA downloads that I try to keep updated as I find new things. My current layout uses tables with CSS style sheets that formats every other row to be colored (like the way iTunes looks).

Everything has been working fine until recently when I tried to implement some javascript to do the coloring of the rows for me instead of hard-coding it via style sheets and tags. Like I said this is a simple website, so I can view it with a normal PC browser (e.g. Firefox, IE, etc.). And it's because of this that I know the script is working just as it's supposed to. However, it doesn't work on my BB browser. It also works in Opera Mini 4.1.

Now I know the first thing you're thinking is the options on the browser. Well, I can assure you I've already got those boxes checked and it executes javascript on other sites such as this one just fine.

So my question is, are there limitations to the kind/type of javascript the browser will actually run/execute? I would think the script on sites like this one are much more advanced and involved than what I'm trying to do, so it just doesn't make sense. I'm hoping somebody can help me out.

Since this post is already long enough, I'll spare posting the javascript unless someone thinks it will help in narrowing down an answer. And I apologize for the length, but I wanted to try to eliminate some of the obvious questions I thought might get asked first and that I feel I've already tried to address myself.

Regards,
ewvarn