PDA

View Full Version : skype on bb's with wifi

yuanzhoulu
04-22-2008, 11:39 AM
has anyone seen decent skype or other voip software for BB? it'd be great since skype has cheap int'l rates and i have the unlimited US calling plan on it.

i found a couple of skype clients but they suck. one (WebMessenger) requires me to run skype with a plugin on a desktop; but their plugin requires windows and i run only linux on all of my machines. another one (IM+) doesn't help at all -- every time i try to make a call with skype it calls my mobile back (so it doesn't save me any minutes at all !) i don't get why anyone would want that.

are there clients at all that actually use the phone and do it entirely by software on the phone, using the wifi network so i can completely go off the mobile network and without even a plan, hypothetically, use the hardware to make a skype call?

davidlleroy
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I use iskoot. I don't know if it will work the way you want it to but it does work effectively on the blackberry. I'll play around with it and see if it will work the way you have described. However I do not have wifi on my 8830.