PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pearls in a row with a defect?

brichicago1
04-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I upgraded from an 8100 to an 8120. I love the 8120. However, the first one kept constantly rebooting on its own. The second one the sent was fine..except for the fact that the headphone jack was not working - even when I used different headphones.
Has anyone experienced such a situation? (And I always treat my blackberry devices well).

I ordered a Curve...I am done with the Pearl.

Sith_Apprentice
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
search around for the pearl issues. they are all present here unfortunately

justajason
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, some of the issues are a constant lately. If you get a curve, Ive got the remedy to the squeaky siderails. It involves dental floss!

brichicago1
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Luckily I discovered these defects within the 2 weeks window...
But what are the odds that it would happen to two new devices in a row?

justajason
04-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Same shipment, same QC manager, Same damage during shipping, you want me to go on? The QC issues, in my opinion, have a lot to do with mass production. You tend to let more things go through, when you have a deadline,or quota...

Its like the monday, or friday car thing. To me, its an issue we still have. No matter what you buy.

wabbit
04-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Wirelessly posted

Hopefully the curve will be better

justajason
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I think it will. I like the Curve more than any other device ive used. Including the Pearl. I LOVE the qwerty keypad. And the feel. You just have to look out for the creak on the left siderail, under the convienience key. Annoying, but everything has its downside.

linderj
04-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I hate to scare you but the one Pearl I had was flawless, and it took me three tries to find a Curve that worked properly. I definitely like the Curve more than the Pearl though.

aj21
04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I had 5 messed up pearls... Rogers even 'fessed up how horrible they were.
I seem to be like kryptonite to blackberries though. I've had issues with all of them. They actually told me the Curve is the worst, and I found it better than most!

ERDude
04-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Sprint has reprogramed and re-provisioned my Pearl 3 times in 6 days and I still can't get full signal. I'm lucky to get 2 bars most of the time. They seem to think it's an antenna problem as my other phone with an internal antenna gets full signal. So, there sending me an new Pearl. We'll see.