PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Password Attempt - 2 tries Left, Can this be by passed??

globalbb
04-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Hello,

We have 2 tries left to enter the correct password (Which we have done) but it still will not let us into the device?

Is there any way of backing up the device without entering the password, or even bypassing the password??

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

fusky
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Nope. Can't backup the device without the password and no way around it.

akosnitzky
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Not that I know of.

globalbb
04-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the replies and information.

Sith_Apprentice
04-23-2008, 09:17 AM
its a security measure on the device. put it in 2 more times and you will be able to use the device again. (it will however be wiped)

TonyMobile
04-23-2008, 09:20 AM
If you're fairly sure you have the right password, check caps lock, number lock, or anything else you can think of that would make the computer read something different than what you are attempting to type.

takeshi
04-24-2008, 08:26 AM
By this point though it should have asked you to type in "blackberry" in clear text to verify that your keyboard is working properly and that you don't have caps or num lock turned on.

summerfree2002
04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
if you are on a BES, you can have your system administrator remotely lock your device and send you a new password for the device.

voyager9355
04-24-2008, 12:43 PM
One of my users is in this situation...
According to BB Manager help, it says NOT to issue a "set password & lock handheld" command, because the user will still be presented with THEIR password prompt before they are asked for the admin-issued password. ugh.

summerfree2002
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
According to BB Manager help, it says NOT to issue a "set password & lock handheld" command, because the user will still be presented with THEIR password prompt before they are asked for the admin-issued password. ugh.

I've never had any problems with it.

juwaack68
05-01-2008, 01:10 PM

This does not happen for my users......if they get stuck I issue the new password from the BES, wait for it to show that the password has been set and then the user can type in that password to unlock their device.

voyager9355
05-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Nice to know, thanks! Next time I run into this with one of my BB Brood, I'll give it a shot!

BTW...came to find out that the user having the issue had not set the password intentionally...his BB was in his pocket without the keyboard locked....somehow enough buttons were pushed that it created its own mystery password.

jsconyers
05-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Nice to know, thanks! Next time I run into this with one of my BB Brood, I'll give it a shot!

BTW...came to find out that the user having the issue had not set the password intentionally...his BB was in his pocket without the keyboard locked....somehow enough buttons were pushed that it created its own mystery password.

The odds of this seem very slim as it would have to confirm the password as well. But I guess anything is possible.

voyager9355
05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I kinda thought it sounded odd too...but it was easier to go with the flow of what my user said than to try to convince him that couldn't happen. He was perfectly fine with wiping & reactivating, and is now happily thumbing away!

jsconyers
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you. At least you have some steps to try if you run into this again.