PDA

View Full Version : Reactivating a 7280 on Cingular

fullwave2
07-27-2005, 10:36 AM
After upgrading from my 7280 which I originally had on AT&T and ultimately Cingular after the merger to the 7100g I gave the 7280 to one of my employees for his personal use. He took it into a Cingular store with the idea of getting a new voice and data contract and was told by the sales guy that "they no longer service former AT&T Blackberries" and he therefore couldn't use that Blackberry on a Cingular contract. That didn't sound right to me considering I was using it on Cingular for several months. Do I just throw the 7280 in the trash heap of other cell phones I no longer use? What does my guy need to do to get this BB activated with Cingular?
Thanks.

vannessa
07-27-2005, 10:49 AM
You need to contact the local store it was purchased from. have them call Cingular who will ask Blackberry to enable the PIN and IMEI on the new Cingular network.

stonent
07-27-2005, 10:57 AM
I think the only issue would be the reissuing of a SIM for the BB. We are ordering brand new 7290's here that are coming from Cingular *with* AT&T SIMs in them. They are also unlocked to work with AT&T or Cingular SIMs.

Maybe tell them you have an AT&T phone that you'd like to get a SIM for and then call cingular and add the BB plan to it.

fullwave2
07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks. Someone here at my company recommended I talk to our commercial Cingular rep since the phone was orginally acquired through the business even though it's going to be used personally. I've got an email in to them Hopefully they'll help. Being a 6 billion dollar company and a fairly sizeable customer of Cingular I'll bet they can point me in the right direction.

Scotty_T
07-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Yes the issue is definitely with the SIM card - it is currently locked to accept AT&T SIM's only, which could be difficult. Hopefully your Cingular rep will straighten it out for you.