PDA

View Full Version : How do I switch the applications on my home screen?

trooper5010
04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
how do i switch the 6 applications on the home screen of the blackberry?

akosnitzky
04-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

To move the items
From your home screen, you can click the item
Press the menu and choose move and use your teack ball. If you are using a today theme, you are locked with the icons given.

trooper5010
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't think that works for my 8100 blackberry pearl...

I am using the ZEN theme and i still don't know how, there is no "Move" option on the menu for my phone, either that or i'm not understanding you.

I also don't know if your telling me how to MOVE the icon to another position, or actually switching the application with another application, because that's what I want to do.

strike2tamu
04-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Click the blackberry button (the one on the left of the track ball) and there will be an option to move...then you just move the icon to where ever you want it.

Sith_Apprentice
04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
go to the zen screen. click menu to go to the main icon screen. click menu again on an icon you want to move, and select move. scroll to the location you want the icon to be in, then click again. icon has been moved.

trooper5010
04-23-2008, 08:56 PM
sorry if you guys don't understand me but say if I have one of the 6 applications on the home screen as Messages, and I want to change it to Brick Breaker, how would I be able to do that?

Sith_Apprentice
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
do exactly what was said. move it on the main icon screen and it will move on the zen 6 icon screen

Chillin
04-23-2008, 11:49 PM
sorry if you guys don't understand me but say if I have one of the 6 applications on the home screen as Messages, and I want to change it to Brick Breaker, how would I be able to do that?

I think the disconnect is that you are not aware that the five icons you see on your home screen are your top 5 icons on your main applications page. So simply make the top 5 icons on your applications page to whatever you want your 5 icons on your home screen to be.

trooper5010
04-24-2008, 12:57 AM
oh hahahah i understand now

so the top 5 icons on my main icon screen are the icons that I see on my home icon screen, and i just have to move the icons on my main icon screen to the top, to switch it around on the home. Thank you Sith Apprentice! haha all i needed was a simple explanation.

artie
06-19-2008, 03:59 PM
What purpose does the "switch application" serve"? I've never used it. I know how to move my icons around, but I've always wondered about "switch application" (too chicken to try it on my own)

plasticities
06-20-2008, 05:04 AM
What purpose does the "switch application" serve"? I've never used it. I know how to move my icons around, but I've always wondered about "switch application" (too chicken to try it on my own)

it shows you a list of what applications you already have running in the background, so that you can easily switch between them. i just use it to make sure i don't have anything unnecessary running or something i forgot to turn off as that would take up more memory space/battery life (and i'm always lazy with charging my phone if i don't have to). home, messages, phone, browser, bb messenger, and myfaves if you have it are ones that will always be running in the background and that you cannot close.

artie
06-20-2008, 09:59 AM
So it works the same as holding down the alt and escape keys?
thank you,
artie