PDA

View Full Version : Move files from PC to BlackBerry without USB Cable.

SteveO86
04-23-2008, 07:58 PM
I was trying to get a single mp3 file from my laptop to Blackberry without having to break out my USB cable (I know its not much but I as feeling lazy). I tried emailing it to myself but it said my message as truncated and I do not have BlueTooth on my laptop. I tried signing into my gmail account and download it that way but I didn't see any option to donload the attachment. Is there anyway to transfer files without BlueTooth or USB cable?

Also what is the limit when the BlackBerry trancates a message, I've had quite a few emails (without attachments, just text), that have been truncated.

Sith_Apprentice
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
mp3s are not supported attachments as of yet. you can upload it to a web hosting service/ftp site and then download it that way.

Surfish
04-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I was trying to get a single mp3 file from my laptop to Blackberry without having to break out my USB cable (I know its not much but I as feeling lazy). I tried emailing it to myself but it said my message as truncated and I do not have BlueTooth on my laptop. I tried signing into my gmail account and download it that way but I didn't see any option to donload the attachment. Is there anyway to transfer files without BlueTooth or USB cable?

Also what is the limit when the BlackBerry trancates a message, I've had quite a few emails (without attachments, just text), that have been truncated.

Get a bluetooth dongle for your PC.