PDA

View Full Version : Backup of multiple version BB units, inc. Txt messages

Jo90_Lives_On
04-24-2008, 06:41 AM
I did a search, but couldnt find anything that really fitted the bill for this question.

At the company I am in we are about to transfer some users from their current BB unit to a new providors units. The BB's are of varied models, we do not run a BES.

Question then - I need to backup all the information on each unit ready to restore it to the new unit when they arrive.

I assume im going to need BDM to do this incorporating app loader, but coming more from a BES arena I have not use BDM for multiple units before (simply for single non-BES users). I know you can backup multi units/users under BES. So is it worth me getting an eval copy of BES, installing and using this during the period, or should i go ahead with BDM if there is a way to sync multiple units (and if so, how) ?

Sounds stupid I know, coming from a BES arena, but never did have interaction with this type of request.

Any help is appreciated :D

ezrunner
04-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Wirelessly posted (life goes on! yes it is tough)

You can use the switch device wizard in Desktop Manager!

How many units are you talking?

Jo90_Lives_On
04-24-2008, 07:40 AM
likely hood only about 20, the company is not that strategic in regards on the move work, only the high end users have them.

I will download the latest version (4.2) then and use this. Am I right that this will also back up txt messages to an .ipd file as well ?

ricpac
04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
20 sure feels a lot. Good luck on the effort!

And yes that should include the text messages.