PDA

View Full Version : About having too much contacts registred in Blackberry.

rodmont
04-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Hello, we are checking out if there is a workaround to long wait time while saving new contacts entered in a Blackberry (8300) for someone who uses 2700 plus contacts. Measured time is about 20 seconds. On a test device in which I place d 4000 plus contacts time went to 90 seconds. The more data fields I fill, the longer it takes to save a new contact. (BTW, I copied and pasted new contacts in company Lotus Notes personal address book and synch'd with the device).
I am assuming this happens because of device flash memory current speed is slow and the device needs to organize information inside the device (I mean, it shouldn't be sparsely allocated).
Has anyone experienced this or could confirm there is no known workaround to improve saving contact speed when using this much amount of records please?

Thanks a lot.

ricpac
04-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Do you think you could also post your file free?

Options > Status > File free

Sometimes when the BB crawls like a baby, there's a memory issue going on.

rodmont
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
...but if I am not wrong there were between 8 and 11MB free. I'll check with local IT support to get this info with device owner.

Regards.

Sith_Apprentice
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I have 12k contacts on my device, and it takes between 15-20 seconds to save a contact. you can allow duplicate and it should cut down the time a bit.