PDA

View Full Version : New e-mail account not showing up on my BB

cdysthe
04-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I set up a new e-mail account in T-Mo BIS. The account is working and shows up on the e-mail page on the T-Mo site. I am also receiving mail on my BB when I send to this new account. However, it's no folder for this new account on my device desktop. I can only read mail in the "Message" folder which contains all messages from all accounts. The two other accounts have folders with their name on them, but this last one doesn't. And when I open mail from the message folder it says "Received using: Unknown".

Does anyone know why this new account isn't being "installed" on my BB like the two other accounts? I have tried resending the service books twice, but no go so far.

mjgs1971
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
How many email accounts have you set up so far for this device?

Dinan3
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
are you referring to the icon for the e-mail address? if you are, it may be hidden. go to your menu screen from your home screen and "show all".

what type of e-mail server is it?

cdysthe
04-25-2008, 11:55 AM
How many email accounts have you set up so far for this device?

This is the third: Two Yahoo! Mail accounts and one normal POP/IMAP account. I am not using the built in Blackberry e-mail address/account at all.

akosnitzky
04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Is it a corporate acct. or an act you can get from Outlook Web Access?

This may not solve your problem, if you haven't done so already, click menu-show all. I would like to make sure the folder is not there even if there may be a problem with the e-mail anyway.

cdysthe
04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
are you referring to the icon for the e-mail address? if you are, it may be hidden. go to your menu screen from your home screen and "show all".

what type of e-mail server is it?

I forgot to mention that I have set all icons to show on my bb to make sure it wouldn't be created hidden. So no, no icons are hidden.

Dinan3
04-25-2008, 11:59 AM
try deleting the account from BIS and set up the account again through your device. if all else fails, hard reset might help ya.

cdysthe
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Is it a corporate acct. or an act you can get from Outlook Web Access?

This may not solve your problem, if you haven't done so already, click menu-show all. I would like to make sure the folder is not there even if there may be a problem with the e-mail anyway.

It's a normal T-Mo Blackberry BIS account. However, I did what you suggested and set it up from the device instead of from my laptop and now it shows up on my device. Thank you! Any idea why that makes a difference?

Dinan3
04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
It's a normal T-Mo Blackberry BIS account. However, I did what you suggested and set it up from the device instead of from my laptop and now it shows up on my device. Thank you! Any idea why that makes a difference?

no clue. lol.

Sith_Apprentice
04-25-2008, 11:27 PM
check to make sure the PIN/IMEI are correct on the BIS account online.

cdysthe
04-25-2008, 11:29 PM
check to make sure the PIN/IMEI are correct on the BIS account online.

Hmmm. I purchased my 8800 on eBay, not from T-Mo since they were out at the time and I couldn't wait since my 8700 decided to take a swim in my pool.

However, it's a T-Mo branded 8800, but maybe the problem is the PIN/IMEI. I will check online to make sure the PIN/IMEI is set correctly. Thanks!