PDA

View Full Version : Window's Installer "Pop-Up"

Starchild Ace
04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
I keep getting a installation pop-up window when I launch Desktop Manager It says:

The feature you're trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter a alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry 8100.msi in the box below.

If I hit cancel it pops right back up if I hit OK, the installation window comes up and just sits there.

Problem is, I no longer use the 8100 and have swapped over to a Curve. I've even tried to delete version 4.2.1 for the 8100 and this same window pop's up and I cannot delete.

Due to all of this, I cannot get DM 4.3 to work, it just locks up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Space Ace

daphne
04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
There are several results on a search for that error on the RIM support website. I'd recommend going through them -- you should find the fix there.

BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searchEntry.do?languages=&rwTarget=%2FrfPlayerWidget.do&searchMode=GuidedSearch&searchString=The+feature+you%27re+trying+to+use+is+on+a+network+resource+that+is+unavailable&cmd=search&productFamily=&contextType=gs)

Starchild Ace
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Ok, I'm completely bum-fuzzled. I'm still having this pop-up and have tried everything and no success.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Whenever I plug my Curve in and try to open DM, it looks for my old Pearl and locks up. I've tried to remove the software and it looks for the Pearl and locks up.

HELP!!!!!

Starchild Ace

daphne
06-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Did you go throught and try all the things recommended in the link?

Did you uninstall the Pearl OS using Add/Remove panel in the Control Panel? If you just deleted something without uninstalling it, that might be a problem. If you did that, I'd say re-install the Pearl OS on your PC, then uninstall it properly.

Starchild Ace
06-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Did you go throught and try all the things recommended in the link?

Did you uninstall the Pearl OS using Add/Remove panel in the Control Panel? If you just deleted something without uninstalling it, that might be a problem. If you did that, I'd say re-install the Pearl OS on your PC, then uninstall it properly.

I did try to uninstall using the Add/Remove panel in the control panel and that pop-up comes up and won't go any further.

Where can I find the Pearl OS?

daphne
06-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Look for the link for your carrier here:

BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads)