PDA

View Full Version : what are those lights ?

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 07:14 PM
My blackberry gives some times red flashing lights , sometimes in green , what are those ?

Also plse plse somebody let me understand this

- what does this " radio " means ? does this mean ( network signal ) ?!!
- i made some group from my contact lists , how can i reach directly to these groups ?

I have lots of questions and i know everybody helps me , specially the admin , wish he still remembers me and my very annoying contact list problem :?

John Clark
04-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Green = Coverage Indicator. Can be turned off in Options >Screen/Keyboard

Red = New Message

Blue = Bluetooth Connected.

Radio is your network signal

If you made groups, then just email or sms that group. Make sure when you create the group that you input all email addresses or all phone numbers, etc.

juwaack68
04-25-2008, 07:25 PM
The red means you have a new message or missed phone call. Green is your coverage indicator (I turn mine off).

The "radio" is what makes your device connect to the network.

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks John , you're the man i am looking for ..........sir

What do you mean green is signal indicator ? how should it indicates ? if green light is brighter does it meen stronger signal ?

About the groups , i mean another thing , in my nokia mobile there was contact list in a place , and groups in another place , here in blackberry where can i find the groups i've made ?

Answers bring more questions , sorry

ricpac
04-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Green is for the signal coverage indicator so when it flashes green it means you have coverage. I'm not sure if it does flash brighter, I can't tell.

As for groups, just go the Address Book and setup a new group then enroll your folks and/or friends to whatever group you name it with.

John is still out helping others...

Ricky-Ray
04-25-2008, 07:46 PM
If you have a signal it will blink green. It doesn't get brighter or darker if you have more or less signal. It just let's you know you have a signal.

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 07:50 PM
thanks sirs a lot for help , i got it now

about the group i still need to clarify , i need to go to a place to see all my groups ( which i have already created ) , i noted my groups titles exist within the contact list , i need to see it seperately , any way for that ?

also where can i find ( select all ) , to select all my contacts or msgs at once ?

sorry but i kept my blackberry in my stock for 3 months but i am obliged to use it for my work ......

John Clark
04-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Groups are only in the address list as they are just a group of your contacts that you create.

You can't select all your contacts or messages at once.

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
thanks john ,

Last thing before i sleep

If i want to delete all my msgs at once what should i do ?

John Clark
04-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Highlight today's date in the message list and hit the menu key (left of trackball) and select delete prior. Or hold the shift key and roll the trackball to select the messages to delete.

All this and more can be found at our sister site, Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com)

and

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - Search Forums (http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php)

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 08:17 PM
John thanks it works fine

Please sorry really sorry , why my screen lights go low so sudden then bright so sudden , what's going on

sorry i am really new to this so plse bare with me

John Clark
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Light sensor near the flashing LED. In bright light the screen brightens. In dim light the screen dims. You can turn this off under Options >Screen/Keyboard >Auto Backlight

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
man you're great and really thank you , you helped a lot today

please allow me to ask in this very same topic if i have any more questions ( i will )

good night ( it's early am in my country )

John Clark
04-25-2008, 08:27 PM
The best thing to do is search for answers to your questions. You'll find answers to those questions and many other good tidbits.

Also, be sure and check out Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com)

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Ok john however you're answers are faster than any search , really

gdnite

John Clark
04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Yes, but it's proper forum etiquette to search for your answers. These are very commonly asked questions that have been answered many times on this forum. If you can't find what you're looking for, by all means, post your question.

kidguy26
04-25-2008, 08:32 PM
you're right , i will do sir

niz0627
05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I know that when you get a msg or email or missed call the red light flashes. But in my old phone or any other phone I've ever had, when I get a msg, the whole backlight comes on then the LED flashes. How can I get my backlight to come on upon receipt of new sms messages? are there any third party softwares or applications that can allow me to do this?

Also, is there any way of modifying the colors of the LED light? Say for example I want to switch the coverage indicator from green to red, and the messages from red to green? Or switch blue tooth to red and message indicator to blue?

Spencedubya
05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I would like to see something similar to the iphone where a screen pops up displaying the person sending the text and the first line of the text with the options to view it now or later...

C17Driver
05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Wirelessly posted

A program called blackberry alerts allows you to change led colors. It is not free, but I think it was worth the low cost. You should be able to find it by searching around on the forum.

kjjb0204
05-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Wirelessly posted

I know that when you get a msg or email or missed call the red light flashes. But in my old phone or any other phone I've ever had, when I get a msg, the whole backlight comes on then the LED flashes. How can I get my backlight to come on upon receipt of new sms messages? are there any third party softwares or applications that can allow me to do this?

Also, is there any way of modifying the colors of the LED light? Say for example I want to switch the coverage indicator from green to red, and the messages from red to green? Or switch blue tooth to red and message indicator to blue?

If you did that, wouldn't it be called redtooth?

niz0627
05-12-2008, 08:00 PM
hahaha......ok so i see that the solution is to download "blackberry alerts". i googled this and many sites came up with it. idownloaded it from download.com but i can't open it. it's a .cod file and it seems that it can't find a program on my computer to open it. the recommended program that is coming up is adobe which is incorrect. anyone know how to run or open this program and set it up with the blackberry??? helpppppp!!

takeshi
05-13-2008, 08:38 AM
You'll need to use the App Loader in Desktop Manager (on your PC).

Stang68
05-18-2008, 12:36 PM
What does it mean when the red LED is solidly on?

pvdiamon
05-18-2008, 07:07 PM
What does it mean when the red LED is solidly on?

Does the BB work? My red is solid only during the inital stages of a reset.

John