PDA

View Full Version : which blackberry!

smokeyone
04-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Hello

I am new to this forum & new to blackberry's, pda's & smartphones -
Really would be grateful for some advice please. Have searched the shops, searched the web, googled etc etc. with a thousand makes on the market it is difficult to make a choice - a reviewed model of any make says it's fantastic while another review says weak signal reception and so on.

So I have decided to forget the other brands and go for a blackberry - please help me decide which model....

Must have excellent signal reception, voice quality, speakerphone, totally fed up with snap, crackle & pop followed by cut-off.

I understand inbuilt GPS has reception problems so maybe added software download and external receiver - another must have - can receiver be plugged into USB port rather than a bluetooth connection.

Everything else is just a bonus, do not need camera, web browsing, etc etc as would use very little. I plan to keep files on the blackberry trying to cut down on the amount of paper work I lug around.

Thanks for any advice.......

akosnitzky
04-28-2008, 04:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

To get e-mail, you need a data plan which I would recommend being unlimited. This will cover your e-mail, internet etc.
Who is your carrier?

ricpac
04-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (Titanium BlackBerry® 8320)

Welcome to the forums!

First off, every BlackBerry has excellent signal reception but that's just 50% of the story. The other half would depend on which carrier has your area covered pretty well.

If you'd pass on the camera, any of the 88X0 series would be enough and you wouldn't need any GPS puck no more. If you want to do a lot of paperwork, composing an email and saving it as draft should be okay. Or you can also work on that via Memopad.

There's more info over at BlackBerryFAQ.com

Good luck!

olly666
04-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Your profile says your carrier is Orange so I'm assuming you're in Europe. Perhaps you should start by going into an Orange store and asking them about their BlackBerry plans. If you're not happy with the devices they offer you can always buy one else-where and have it unlocked, but if you're not happy with their service there is no point in going down the BlackBerry road. European carriers tend to charge BIG for BlackBerry plans, just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

smokeyone
04-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks all for the advice. Orange would charge a lot for a Blackberry so would purchase an unlocked model.

Dinan3
04-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Thanks all for the advice. Orange would charge a lot for a Blackberry so would purchase an unlocked model.

great idea, it also gives you the option of using a blackberry that orange doesn't carry. (y)