PDA

View Full Version : blackberry manager installation

pmeijdam
04-28-2008, 07:18 AM
I have a collegue on a remote location who will also need to create accounts on our blackberry server.
Is there a way to provide him with the BES manager software (for Domino) without sending him a copy of the cd which also includes the BES server software ?
Furthermore, is there a way to restrict his permissions, so that e.g. he will not be able to restart the BES server ?

Thanks,
Peter

scott_perry
04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
The installer for BB Manager is the same as the installer for BES - so, the answer to that question is no. Your collegue will just need to choose the correct options when installing.

How would he restart the BES if he only has access through BB Manager?

There are different security roles you can assign that restrict what can be modified through BB Manager. It's on the role administration tab. A search on Blackberry.com will give you information on the different roles.

Sith_Apprentice
04-28-2008, 09:00 AM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/124651-role-administration-breakdown.html

there you go. Second post has the complete breakdown. As for the BES Manager install it is the same installer as was said above.

To restart the BES you can go to the server name on the left, then the server config tab, service control and customization, stop/restart BES

scott_perry
04-28-2008, 09:05 AM
To restart the BES you can go to the server name on the left, then the server config tab, service control and customization, stop/restart BES

I learn something new every day

pmeijdam
04-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks for your feedback. The breakdown link is very useful !

I should have done my rtfm first, but nothing beats experience !

thanks again.