PDA

View Full Version : Syncing issues with Outlook 2007

cellularcommunications
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
I have customer with a Blackberry Pearl 8130 and set up with a pop3 account. We have 4.2 sp2 desktop software and outlook 2007. When we try to sync any of the calender, contacts, tasks, etc, we get a error message saying that the file doesn't exist, or points to a file of zero length. I have re-installed the software, upgraded to 4.3, all with the same problem. I'm guessing it is an outlook issue but cannot contact anyone that can help me. I would appreciate any help.

JSanders
04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Is BB actually connecting to the PC... does the PIN appear in Desktop Manager as connected?

cellularcommunications
04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Yes. When we config sync, we can select the outlook profile but it will not find the file.

cellularcommunications
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Does anyone else have any suggestions? The error message is the file is missing or points to a area of zero length. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Nextel User
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
get a real version of outlook. just kidding.

this can happen upon upgrading office versions. or when installing another component of office from a prior version. reinstall office and it should work fine

SteveO86
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Does Outlook function properly? I mean no odd ball error messages you can ignore, Outlook '07 works flawlessly. Have you tried Desktop Manager 4.3?

cellularcommunications
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Outlook works flawlessly. No issues at all. I think i will try and re-install office, but I don't believe he has the software to re-install it.

cellularcommunications
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
We have tried 4.3, same problem. One tech support agent told us 4.2 sp2 is the most stable. I did try it though.

SteveO86
05-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Have you ran ScanPST.exe?

Search for scanpst.exe and scan the *.pst file that is associated with the profile/you are trying to sync with.

cellularcommunications
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I searched for the outlook.pst file and it says it does not exist. Is there any way to create that .pst file withour re-installing outlook?

SteveO86
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
I would go into:

Control Panel -> Mail, or Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Mail, depending on the view of your Control Panel. click on "profiles" and find the outlook profile you are using and check the path of the actual *.pst file that Outlook is working off of. Since Outlook is working there has to be a *.pst file somewhere, it is just a matter of where and what name it is using.

When I get home I can get into more specific details on the defaults of where Outlook creates the *.pst files if you need them. (it is Friday however 8-) , it might be late)

Edit: When you are in Outlook '07, just go to Tools -> Accounts -> Data Files, Tab and it should list the *.pst files associated with your account.