Since late last night I cannot:
Receive any e-mails (from any account)
Cannot browse the web and
BB Messenger is not working.

Here's the weird part:
I have full all uppercase EDGE
I can send e-mails (but cannot receive)
BBWeather App is working and updating weather info

I have pulled the battery and reset the device a few times now.
I am on TMO BIS, 8820, Columbus Ohio area. I have tried resending my service books, but those are not coming in as well.
Any other ideas, suggestions?

JSanders
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Can you confirm with TMO if they are having an issue there with BIS?

I see that an Alltel customer in Cleveland has reported a problem, but I just doubt they are connected.

cgarrabr
04-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Can you confirm with TMO if they are having an issue there with BIS?

I see that an Alltel customer in Cleveland has reported a problem, but I just doubt they are connected.

I have not, only because the other EDGE BB owners, that are on TMO also, are working fine.

halflife78
04-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, there is a data outage affecting all markets.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 4/29/08 OUTAGE TYPE: BlackBerry, Data, T-Zones
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
MARKET AFFECTED: All
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
CUSTOMER IMPACT: PROBLEM: Subscribers Subscribers with a Blackberry and other data devices may only show lowercase gprs and will be unable to use data services.

MARKET/SERVICE IMPACTS TO: All Markets.

CAUSE: Unknown

RESOLUTION: Our engineers are working on a resolution.
RE: 972483/360354.

Added by SH @<hidden>:15AM EST 4/29/08.
ETR: N/A
ACTION STEPS: Please do not call or transfer to Technical Support, advise the customer our engineering department is working on a resolution.

jiggafly117
05-04-2008, 06:18 PM
im getting this problem as well on my blackberry curve 8320 on At&t. having it switch from EDGE to GSM back to EGDE so on and so forth when i attempt to access the mobile internet and other features on my phone. this problem has just started happening out of nowhere. WHY?!?!?!